New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi..
Norwegian guy calling in
Going to pick up this 72 doule cab (crossover) this weekend
Have only had some beetles before, and i guess this is somehow different..
Hope to get some good tips whenever i need them.

Thanks for pictures Bobster144, that looks to be a little cracker of a van and if I`m not mistaken it has the correct interior mirror for it as well, and they is getting as rare as rockin horse poop. :lol: What you got in mind for plans for him then? And has you named him / her yet? The breakdown didn`t look too spectacular (no smoke) so I guess it was trivial or old age or both :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, See!!! that`s how ya do it :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Cheers Ozziedog. Yep trivial breakdown. Coil feed fell off and shorted across the alternator. total loss of everything. Felt pretty terminal when the power steering went lol. To be fair, the lads I got it from in Durham rushed to get it ready for the road and were very patient with my lack of patience so glad it was only a minor thing.

Well spotted on the correct interior mirror stalk. Got glass but nothing to link the two as yet.

As for plans..... just stripped out (didn't find any lurking nasties) and removed engine for welding and a respray in Neptune blue (thanks 66nige :D ) then on to thinking about what to put inside. Custom interior (*runs and hides*), designs of which will evolve over many beers at a mates house. Keeping stock height though (for now).

He's definitely a 'he' and will have to be named something rodent related as there's half a mummified mouse somewhere in the cavity behind the passenger door. only managed to retrieve the back half.

Will move over to resto forum as photos get more interesting.

Seeing the posts above, I now want a crew cab :mrgreen: Dammit

That`s unusual, we get a tyg join us then we get an Alutig, so what`s the chances of that then ?? Are you a welder by any chance, not that you need to be with a superb looking crewie like that, nice colour also, So welcome along and glad to hear you`ve joined our ranks 8)
Bobster144 seems to have everything under control there if you are using copious amounts of alcohol to make vital decisions about the interior. As far as traditional or custom goes :msn4: Do what the hell you want, `BUT` try not to make any rash decisions until you`ve had a good camp out or two and checked out some different styles, I`ve strayed away from the stock side of things because I mainly fly solo and find the stockers a little claustrophobic inside. My current interior consists of a Rusty Lee / Delilah`s rock and roller (bed) a mahoosive custom Ozziedog special coolbox and a bedside set of drawers that comes out and goes in the gazebo when we rock up. I use a portable cooker and a washing machine drum and that is about it, oh and I got a stanley knife too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Works for me :mrgreen:

Alutig said:
Hi..
Norwegian guy calling in
Going to pick up this 72 doule cab (crossover) this weekend
Have only had some beetles before, and i guess this is somehow different..
Hope to get some good tips whenever i need them.

:shock: - That's a really nice looking Crew Cab you got there!

Doe's she drive as good a she looks?

Bud Camperbug said:
hellooo all, Bud from Camperbug here, saying hello.

Hi ya Bud, Nice of you to join us on the Early Bay forum. Give us a clue what you have then and where you are in the world. Sorry to take so long to get back to you but now that I have,, Grace our pages with some photos if you have any and tell us a little bit about your vehicles. Camperbug conjers up some images :shock: Did you ever see that beetle that had a fifth wheel mounted via a roof rack type of arrangement, to tow a rather special looking caravan / trailer arrangement so the beetle could manouvre a full three hundred and sixty degrees under the trailer, so the beetle could park it up then detach from it and you could then leave the trailer and drive around in your car. Probably nothing like that though :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,So Welcome!! and enjoy your stay :mrgreen:

The second coming.........

I'm back after a few years of going absent without leave and forgetting my log in details (DOH!) :mrgreen:

Left you guys and went over to the dark side, got myself another split but the early bay lust has never left me so I'm back!

I'm going to be on the look out for a really nice pop top Westy as close to stock as possible (don't mind it being lowered) and RHD would be bonus to pacify the missus.

Looking forward to getting my to know you all (again), which way is the bar? Beers are on me 8)

eBAYgum said:
The second coming.........

I'm back after a few years of going absent without leave and forgetting my log in details (DOH!) :mrgreen:

Left you guys and went over to the dark side, got myself another split but the early bay lust has never left me so I'm back!

I'm going to be on the look out for a really nice pop top Westy as close to stock as possible (don't mind it being lowered) and RHD would be bonus to pacify the missus.

Looking forward to getting my to know you all (again), which way is the bar? Beers are on me 8)[/quot

Welcome back, and you are very very welcome now that you have seen the light, and you are especially very very welcome ,,, seeing as how you are getting the beers in :lol: I think this might be a great time of year to be on the look out for an Early seeing that the season is all but finished. Good luck with finding a nice Westy in RHD as they are a little thin on the ground, but saying that, you can be surprised every now and then when a nice little peach turns up on here or wherever. Might be worth popping a wanted ad up in the for sale section and just bump it up every now and then.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And mine`ll be a Stella Ta :mrgreen:

Ola!

ill be introducing my self here aswell then!
all the way from the netherlands ;)

and this is my bus!

bus_zps85a0f69d.jpg

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag260/vwb070/IMG_9228_zps00ff380a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi there folks!

Here is my beloved 72 early bay..Boofle!

Hello from Malta!

Hello to Malta, and your boootiful bus. Welcome along and thanks for the pictures. It looks like you may need those sun hats a bit more than us now that the British weather is changing and taking a turn for the worst. Thanks for joining us, so please join in where and when you can .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Got a few in Malta now !! Whoop Whoop !! :p :p :p

Hello I have just purchased my first van, a '68 panel van from America I am currently awaiting the delivery of it to the uk. I have lots of plans for it and to have it at the shows soon :D

Hi there, new member from South London, currently have a Late Bay and looking to maybe change it for an Early.

Hello everyone,

I have a 1970 westfalia van under restoration. The restoration is very slow and I could not resist buying another 1971 westfalia to enjoy it. After restoration I need to choose one. Both are originally white L91D

Regards

b_210055.jpg

b_125918.jpg

b_190951.jpg

b_202337.jpg

Latest posts