New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great lookin bus there Pete, I look forward to seeing this one at one of the events in the summer, and vwtdos,,, well that`s just plain greedy having two :lol: Welcome along to both of you and thanks for the pictures. So what has happened to the summer then? It was great while it lasted and lets hope we get the same again next year :mrgreen: Five of us went out last night to a big fireworks display in Weston Super Mare and it was absolutely superb and maybe the best fireworks show I`ve ever seen. Just two things left to go to for me this year, that`s the Santa Cruise across Bristol in a few weeks time and the annual Early Bay Christmas fiasco where we have a Scooby Snack at the American diner. Maybe you can pop along to one of those, and the Scooby Snacks are not to be sniffed at :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Roll on next summer :mrgreen:

SmithyPete said:
920b42913316c7fee7e6be9246aa9987.jpg

Hi picked up my dream van today. Couldn't be happier. What do you think?
Pete.

As a fellow 69 RHD Tin Top owner - quite envious :mrgreen: as yours in on the road! Mines in bits :shock:

Nice bus - anymore pics?

Hi, Im new to early bays but had lots of beetles and golfs (hence the name)

We recently bought a LHD '69 project requiring a full restoration, It is my first type 2 project so I'm still learning whats what with them especially as ours is requiring so much work and some parts are missing.

Someone has previously start some work on it but the van had been left outside to rot with no protection so i will be redoing all this. The main reason i purchased this van was due to it having a straight solid roof and being reasonably straight and original on the body so shouldn't be hiding and nasty repairs!

photo2.png

Sorry for the poor picture, it was off the ebay advert, the van is currently wrapped up outside my unit and hopefully i will be getting it inside in the new year.

Thanks
Chris

Welcome Chris,, the bus looks like it could do with a tiny bit of TLC but should be as good as new in next to no time. You`ll enjoy using this forum with rarely a raised voice and not too much heat in the discussions but all with the same interest :mrgreen: Plans ???? Stocker ? Custom? Somewhere in between? Or smack it into shape and see where it goes. I like to keep mine on the road all the time or I`d lose interest, just two years off the road to start with was well enough.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Some more pics would be great :mrgreen:

Hi Ozziedog….

Well plans are to just get it in and start the resto, it will be staying fairly stock body wise, although a healthy drop and wheels, stock motor and home build camping interior just to get us to shows rather than being in a tent! I'm unsure weather to paint it or not yet, one side of me says its too far gone for 'patina' and go all out and the other to just get it solid and keep the paint localised…. i don't want it to turn into a major concours resto that never see the light of day!!

Ill get plenty of pics once its in the workshop, ill start a thread in the gallery at some point..

Heres a couple of pics of my other cars to give you an idea of what i do..

100_0757.jpg

DSC_7563.jpg

Hi Chris, you sound like a man after my own heart, to me it`s keep it simple and keep it running. Localised seems good then you don`t have to shit bricks when some kids are playing footy near your bus or someone leans back in a chair when beered up at a show :shock: And that is what it`s all about. :shock: The main ingredients to an interior for me are simply a decent bed and a decent cool box, everything else can be done under the gazebo parked alongside, as a matter of fact, that`s about all I have in mine :lol: One bed,,, check, one cool box, extra large,,, check, oh and a bottle opener,,, check :lol: Washing machine drum, portable cooker, fold up table and chairs all go in the gazebo :mrgreen:
A lot of the stock interiors are great for squeezing lots into a small space but I find it all a little claustrophobic with stock plus you`re lugging loads of stuff around all the time even when you`re not camping. So start a thread and read a few others for inspiration, don`t finalise your interior plans until you`ve checked out loads of others at shows for inspiration versus claustrophobia :shock: The purists may not agree but each to their own, and never forget, it`s your bus so it`s your rules :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, See ya come summer then :mrgreen:

Hi all,

new on here, have a crossover that we have had for about 7 years now, hoping to give it a better stance in the new year!

:D

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

I thought I would make a resolution to be more active on the forum so here is my bus, a '71 Dormobile. Currenlty undergoing a driveway resto at the moment, mostly the interior and electrics.

I will post on the other relevant forums as the resto continues so you can all learn from my mistakes, lol.

Regards
Pete

71b_zps63b29821.jpg

71a_zps668c4f2c.jpg

Hi there!
Nice Dormobile :mrgreen: Be sure to set up a thread in the gallery and keep us all updated! :D

Hi, i've been on here a while and made a few posts etc, but i figured i would say hi properly, heres a pic of my van, its almost a bare shell so i have been collecting / need to collect loads of bits and bobs to get it sorted. Then register it and so on and get out to some shows and campsites!

Hola everyone ,
I'm karl and own a 58 panel ex fire van.
I'm looking at getting a early bay westy as life moves on and kids don't like been in the back of a van lol

Hi there Karl, some of them kids gets dead fussy as they gets older don`t em ;) Oh well, if it`s windows they wants, it might as well be a bay window :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And a mahoooooosive welcome to you and the gang :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Hi there Karl, some of them kids gets dead fussy as they gets older don`t em ;) Oh well, if it`s windows they wants, it might as well be a bay window :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And a mahoooooosive welcome to you and the gang :mrgreen:

I have had bays in the past my 1st one was a 67 one owner from new. I bought it off a old guy in Bristol . 2nd was a 74 panel which blew motor on way home lol. 3rd was a 70 westy , had it for 2 weeks the sold it to Wayne at volksheaven along with panel van.

I have no pics of any of them so cannot show former rides

Hi everyone. Just bought our first camper. Nice small project to put our mark on. Tried to upload a picture but said the board has reached it's quota? :?

Marjorie71 said:
Hi everyone. Just bought our first camper. Nice small project to put our mark on. Tried to upload a picture but said the board has reached it's quota? :?

Hiya Marjorie71, If you look at the `How To`s` it`ll tell you how to do it, also on the top right there are the FAQ`s just above the date, even I can do it :lol: Very nice of you to join us,, so feel welcome and join in when and where you can and don`t be afraid to ask questions because there are some very smart peeps on here (not me though) :mrgreen: See you in a field somewhere when summer finishes dragging it`s heels and gets here, 8) 8) I just can`t wait

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you stand on tippy toes you can just about see it in the distance :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts