New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, new to t2's and just purchased an 70 adventure wagon, needs a bit of work

http://s935.photobucket.com/user/Marshy1975/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsogycozcf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers, can get a bunk in front half, needs a little bit of work but on it so hopefully ready for next year :)

Hello everyone, this is Przemo from Poland. I recently overinvested ;-) and got myself a 1972 T2ab.
It needs work, but as two previous owners had not much heart for it I decided I want to bring it back to its former glory. Keep your fingers crossed for us :)
I have been involved in the VW/Audi scene here for over a decade, but the aircooled world is not familiar too me much

obraz-1384992411387307493-499a5c3d55.jpg

Hello from Norway...looking forward to participate in this forum :D

All the best

Alex

PS!

I tried to post a very small picture of my 69' but all i get is this message:

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Hi!
Use an external website for uploading photos like imageshack.us, and upload it there, then use a suitable link direct to the photo

Hiya Marshy, Hiya Przemo and Hiya atufte, welcome along and don`t be shy, some very unusual names there :? so what do they all mean, I`m guessing one of them is a Mr Marsh or Marshall or similar but the other two may need a little more coaxing to become clear to me :lol: At the tops of some of the pages are how to post pictures etc and it`s fairly easy even for an old fart like me. Do your best because we love all those pictures on here and that`s all of us by the way :mrgreen: The bad news is summer is all but disappearing before our very eyes and only a few shows left this season so do your best to get along to them then start those winter restorations ready for next year and for all those new to aircooled, check your oil before and after every trip until you learn how much oil your bus is using. The long and the short of it is this, No oil, no engine so get used to your own bus and how much it leaks / consumes or burns :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, AND !!!! The main thing is ,,,, enjoy your bus,,, it`s all about smiles per gallon / litre

Just a note to say Hi from a newbie.

We have just got back from a 750 mile trip to the Busfest and then onto Cornwall in our newly acquired
Westy Tintop, whose name according to my grandson is Polly, great Forum and thanks for all the info it
provides.

Kind regards

Chris @ Andrew

Thanks for the warm welcome ozziedog, quite correct in Mr marsh lol (Shane is normally what I'm called!) oil tip is more than welcome as my first air cooled, still got a 25 which she has done us proud over the last few years and ultimately pointed is in the direction of the new bus (called Bert).
Engine not run in 9 years and wondered what you guys would do, I thought change oil, plugs, ht leads, fan belt and see if turns over? Engine turns on crank and would appreciate some advice as desperate to get running and mot so can use next year without spending loads of cash (getting married in 4 week so a little strapped at the moment)

Hiya Marshy, I think an oil change with a multi flavour like Halfords 20 / 50 mineral classic oil, drain the fuel and get some fresh in, check the fuel pipes and the vents for the tank, fuel pipes are where it goes so sadly wrong with fires in these babies, a fresh battery because after nine years I`d imagine the old one is toast, then give it a whirl, maybe chuck a spoonful of juice down the carb to give it a head start and see what happens. After they have been stood up for that length of time, I`d want all new fuel pipes on and I`d keep an eye out for fuel pump diaphragms and crusty old fan belts as well, but just to start him up I`d do the bare minimum until you know where you are. Go carefull about splashing fuel around as well. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck and fingers crossed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not to the dub scene. Previously restored a 1303s and an 11 window splitty...., I'm looking for a westy soon so thought I'd join..... I've been looking on here for a couple of years but never got round to joining before! :D

Hello, this is my first post on your forum. My Partner Louise and I have a 1972 crossover bay Dormobile so not sure whether that qualifies for this early bay site?

Will post a pic once worked out how to do so!

Cheers

Click on `Board Index` then `Board Index` will be at the top left of the screen, immediately underneath that is a smallish advert, then immediately under that is `How To s` hit that and it`ll tell you how to fly to the moon in an Early Bay if you want to and how to do the piccies :lol:
So welcome MacWarrior and Louise complete with your crossover / Early Bay, yes it does qualify as an early and yes you are more than welcome. For any one else reading, it doesn't even matter if you don`t have an Early you are also welcome :p Have a go at the piccies and it does sound a bit like science fiction (to me) but it does actually work :p even I can do it and I`m closer to sixty than I care to admit :evil: So get some pictures up and tell us all about your bus, is it stock ?? is it custom ?? is it altered ?? colour etc etc etc even what you have named him / her. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Did I mention the pictures bud ?????? :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Helloo everyone! I'm new here... I've been creeping around in the background for a month or so, but we bought our 1968 early bay yesterday, so I feel I can come out in the open! Yippeee! :party0053: We pick her up on Sunday. :mrgreen:

Hi there Sima ,, good luck with the search, I`m not sure if it might be worth hanging around until winter as the prices may drop a tad as they usually do, but they have been going up a fair old bit this summer especially. It`s always a bit tougher if you think you know exactly what you want :mrgreen:
And a big Hi to Abby and I guess you are just a little bit excited, don`t forget to get loads of pictures and slap them up on here :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Picture overload?????? Bring it on!!! :mrgreen: :p :mrgreen:

Sima said:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not to the dub scene. Previously restored a 1303s and an 11 window splitty...., I'm looking for a westy soon so thought I'd join..... I've been looking on here for a couple of years but never got round to joining before! :D
Hey up matey! Did you sell the splitty to Carl? :)

Latest posts