New wiring loom

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28582

Reaction score
I’m toying with the idea of getting a new loom and fuse box fitted.
Does anyone know anyone who does it and do you know a rough cost of what it would be?

I have. 72 bus.

I’ve just done mine myself.. it was quite daunting when it turned up in the post - lots and lots of wires.. but I have to say it was quite straight forward..

I got Iain Burns to make and fit my new loom, I was contemplating doing it myself, but decided that it would be a lot quicker and more accurate to get an expert to do it. Glad I did as he worked out and fixed so many other issues whilst he was there that I would have either not noticed or would have taken me ages to find the answer to. Well worth it IMO.

Thanks guys. I’ve spoke with Dave and he’s making the loom and organising Ian to fit it.

Updating you guys.

Iain fitted our new wiring loom and new headlights.

Awesome guy would recommend to anyone.

Mikemanc said:
Updating you guys.

And we all like a happy ending. I much prefer to read about stuff like this than some of the crap we have to deal with when someone’s worked on your van.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, so it was definitely worth asking on here :mrgreen:

Nick Rackham on here is an auto electrician and makes both stock spec and bespoke looms for all aircooled vw’s. Fitted many of his looms to customers vehicles and well as my own bus and beetle.

He’s mainly on Instagram, company page is das _dub_haus

Mikemanc said:
Updating you guys.

Will 2nd this - Iain spent the day removing the old loom & fitting a New one (with a couple of extra bits for 12v socket etc, New style blade fuses/box) to my Bay a few years back & did a cracking job considering it wasn't that warm outside in October/November, & van was on the street. New loom also made a massive difference to the lights - once the old one was removed could see the condition of the wiring was bad.

Definitely recommend him - if you get Hayburner Mag he's usually credited with doing the electrics on some of the featured VW's.

Latest posts