Nikki carbs any good?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
Has anyone got much experience with these carb just got a second hand one for a fiver needs a rebuild, was just interested in knowing if there any good? ie better that a stock solex 30 pict 3 what are they like to set up etc.

noddy said:
Has anyone got much experience with these carb just got a second hand one for a fiver needs a rebuild, was just interested in knowing if there any good? ie better that a stock solex 30 pict 3 what are they like to set up etc.

How odd, I had never heard of them before untill yesterday when a fella in the pub was telling me about them, he said they were better than weber and made his beetle go like 'shit off a shovel' :)

They are an interesting relic and will if properly sorted improve on the solex, you have to remember the solex was deliberately developed to minimise the rev range....

not seen one on a bug since the 80s, i wouldnt say they were better than a weber of course it also depends on model and size....

it will certainly stand out at a meet.....

Freemans and Grattans catalogues used to sell them in there cars and tools section :lol: 50p a week for the year...

Latest posts