Ninove 2010 - The Early Bay Bonanza! March 14th

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that so many of you are joining the T2D Cruise..

It's always a real hoot and everyone that comes has a ball, you're all very welcome to come and join the fun.

When we arrive i'll buy you all a beer at the local brewery then Ninove is your oyster (sounds a bit Alan Partridge). The next day the whole town center is shut off to all cars except Air Cooled VW's, and the theme vehicles (last year it was cabrios, obviously this year is EB) take pride of place just inside the main entrance to the High Street. Don't expect Beetle Bash 96 this is a really laid back affair in pleasant surroundings, the main attraction being the cars and a small swapmeet, the local bars and cafes, not forgetting the T2D trade stand of course lol.

If anyone has any questions or requests please feel free to email or call me.
[email protected] 01638 743211

More info can be found on our website http://www.type2detectives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and nearer the event lots of blog posts @ http://www.t2d-blog.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Being a big girls blouse, Ive got a b'n'b booked now - the one Freddie reccomended. Once we'd ascertained on the phone whether me and Wally were a 'couple' or just friends, it was all simple :lol: I'll let you all decide for yourselves :shock:

See Clem its not just me thats sussed you out ;) Dont worry mate everyone to their own if you ask me. Itll be a nice change for you 2 to sleep in a nice cosy bed together without having the windows steam up.
Good on ya mate for coming out of the closet.

Car park, or in the street seems to be the norm if you havent got a room. I tried a couple of places that where full and didnt want to be to far away from the action so im going to rough it, its only a night.

clyde said:
Car park, or in the street seems to be the norm if you havent got a reccomended dogging spot. I like rough action in the street.

:shock:

I reckon its a rough nights kip at the Chunnel port on Friday night and driving through the night Sunday coming back, so a cosy bed on Saturday and a cheese and cold meat breakfast Sunday morn will be just the ticket ;)

Staying at a mates on friday, and will most probley be so drunk saturday night i could sleep on a washing line in a storm. Anyway my bus is really comfy and ive spent a fortnight sleeping in it, where its parked dosent seem to effect the comfort.

At least youll have some privicy mate ;) Dont want to have to put one of those "when the vans a rockin dont come knockin" stickers in the window :p

Looks like were up for this also :D :D :D

I have a driveway thats free if anyone want to use to sleep on before or after, I'm only 20 miles from folkestone.

Cant get on the 7.20 or the 22.20 :cry: gone for the early trains :)

hope were all going to experience the night life :shock: :shock: :oops:

http://www.casaerotica.be/fr/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dyn002_original_600_852_pjpeg_2644477_6efc538c527d65949577b3871fcd31e2.jpg

8)

2 weeks to go! :mrgreen:

I still have no wheels and my engine is only half fitted! :? Other than that its all cool 8)

dyn010_original_618_800_jpeg_22318_77420eec9ebce5be867a184cce1b5d8a.jpg

With any luck mine will be back on the road this time next week :)

Just got to finish the engine and get it back in and running, bleed the brakes, get the tracking done and a few other little jobs. Should have a week for shakedown time ;)

Still not sure I'm going to make this yet, working away that week and don't finish in harrogate until about 5pm on the friday afternoon :( :( :( :(

My engine is out again, end float being set tomorrow night, then sat or sun I have to remove fuel tank to change sender, then refit and fit engine. Fingersa crossed the oill leak is cured or I'll be taking a lot of spare oil to ninove!

Slammed said:
My engine is out again, end float being set tomorrow night, then sat or sun I have to remove fuel tank to change sender, then refit and fit engine. Fingersa crossed the oill leak is cured or I'll be taking a lot of spare oil to ninove!

EgoTrippin said:
With any luck mine will be back on the road this time next week :)

Just got to finish the engine and get it back in and running, bleed the brakes, get the tracking done and a few other little jobs. Should have a week for shakedown time ;)

Im getting the feeling that I should have probably been doing more to the van than I have......Everyone seems to have engines out etc, the only thing I have done is put new tyres on the rear and a service :shock:

Olly, are you still up for setting off early Saturday??

Im really looking forward to this one, just hope the vans up to it :D

Slammed said:
Yes mate definitely, if my OFF mates can't sort my motor we'll take the T4s instead, either way we're there!

Nice one mate, Is there a few from Norwich going??. I need to meet Karlehsp off this forum in his Crew Cab en-route at Stanstead, just trying to work out some times :?

Will catch up next week!

Matt, don't worry about not having done major work!!! As the old saying goes; 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. If whoever did the service is cool, they will have looked for oil leaks, poor brake performance etc and informed you of the same. Quite shamefully I am still running the 'trusty' old single port engine along with damaged piston and head as was thrown together for Brighton Breeze last year!. It's not a huge distance so planning to take it nice and easy. And also take plenty of spares. And an AA card. Just in case. :D
See you soon!

not done anything to mine yet as I'm still away at sea. Like pete said if it ain't broke don't fix it......j(you watch ill brake down now)
Ill just give it a oil change and a service. Tracking needs doing but nothing noticeable just un even wear on the tyres and I won't get it done till I get new tyres now.
See you all at the train on saturday (im staying with a mate in london on friday) and will be turning up with some splits I'm affraid.
Looking forward to this now

mines running sweet!!!! came off the rolling road last week after a top end rebuild, 67 BHP :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bring it on!!!

still got my aa card, just in case :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts