Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel a 'watchdog' complaint coming on!
I've also had my run in with DFDS!

I booked about a day after you did Pete, tried booking thru my phone, cost at time was £60 approx. Payment didn't complete thru the whole process with paypal, so I waited till I got home.
Went back on to book it only to find it had risen by a £40 hike to £104 for the same trip!
Well I rang, I sent an email of complaint! Got a reply basically saying there was nothing they can do without booking transaction!
So on principle I've booked the tunnel instead
Fuck em! :evil:

Be interested to know how you get on Pete!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

baz1875 said:
Could have been worse we paid over 100 quid for the same crossing the whole thing has no rhyme or reason...

So pete if you need help with the bodies I'm ya man

Yep I have paid £99 for the exact same crossing and dates :evil:
Not happy

Cheers guys, I just find it so frustrating that I play the game and book well in advance as they want, then I get right royaly shafted by the price. At each crossing, the ferry will be making the journey from A to B even if it's empty of cargo just as the Scarborough/Peterborough was. One passenger or a full 500 passengers, the train made the journey and the overhead costs were the same.......
Hah, after questioning, the guy eventually said I needed to change at York, that entailed a 1hr wait and then standing all the way from York to Peterborough. Bargain for just £60...

Yeah, as soon as I can get to speak to someone will be talking the refund route. Of course with it being a premium rate number any saving could be swallowed up....

Ref premium rate phone - see if they are listed on http://www.saynoto0870.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as it will list a non premium alternative number with any luck...

aspro said:
Sorry Pete, you're right it is Dover Dunkirk. I went to dfdsseaways and they were 38 pounds each way, then I tried aferry and directferries and they were both 39 pounds return. I was in shock and booked it immediately before it changed. Booking confirmation below. Just goes to show sometimes it doesn't pay to book early.

Route: Dover to Dunkerque
Departing: Fri 08 March 2013 at 1400
Arriving: Fri 08 March 2013 at 1700
Passenger : 1 Adult
Method of Transport: Car, JWM409F - VW T2 Single Cab
Vehicle Height: No more than 179cm.
Vehicle Length: No more than 479cm.
Fare Type: 72 HOUR SHORT BRE:

Route: Dunkerque to Dover
Departing: Mon 11 March 2013 at 1200
Arriving: Mon 11 March 2013 at 1300
Passenger : 1 Adult
Method of Transport: Car, JWM409F - VW T2 Single Cab
Vehicle Height: No more than 179cm.
Vehicle Length: No more than 479cm.
Fare Type: 72 HOUR SHORT BRE:

Cost: 39.00 GBP

NOTE: On your card statement this will be shown as The Travel Gateway Ltd.

ive just noticed your booked on as a car thats why the cost is so low £40.50 at the mo the camper/motorhome price has come down to around £88 which is still a saving for me so i might still complain, i

please ignore that last post i was half asleep, i found the £38 fare so i thought great cancel the booking re-book 50 quid in my pocket :D . so ive just phoned DFDS (premuim rate number) only to be told my fare is none re-fundable :(

so all ive acheived is to run up my phone bill and piss myself off :evil:

baz1875 said:
please ignore that last post i was half asleep, i found the £38 fare so i thought great cancel the booking re-book 50 quid in my pocket :D . so ive just phoned DFDS (premuim rate number) only to be told my fare is none re-fundable :(

don't piss them off to much Baz, they might make us super slammers park on the top deck :shock: :lol:

dubscum said:
baz1875 said:

don't piss them off to much Baz, they might make us super slammers park on the top deck :shock: :lol:

:lol:

:shock:

I'm pretty sure they will make us walk the plank bunch of pirates....100quid to leave half of my bus on the entry ramp get sea sick spend a fortune on crap food then leave the last bits of my bus on the exit ramp ....

There is one space left on the channel tunnel if anyone is interested. £60 return. Have to be quick tho.....

I would advise it mate , some real cool shit in europe , but its not cheap so be prepared to spend 8)

baz1875 said:
I'm pretty sure they will make us walk the plank bunch of pirates....100quid to leave half of my bus on the entry ramp get sea sick spend a fortune on crap food then leave the last bits of my bus on the exit ramp ....

:lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts