Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clem said:
myvanway 69 said:
How are they on U.S rear lights and State plates on the other side? :?
Silly question but I dont wanner get pulled!

Honest answer? They couldnt give less of a fuck. :mrgreen:

:lol: Despite my earlier ramblings, have to say on the first trip we (4 busses) turned left after Hotel De Croon straight onto the wrong side of the road immediately into the path of a Police T4. He just braked, shook his head and watched us all move to the right and carried on his way. Couldn't give a damn!!!! That said , if you do get pulled and haven't got a hi-viz vest handy they may want to relieve you of a few euros. ;)

Won't be there in the bus, it appears that my 1303s box is fooked so its being transported back to me in the morning, still may see you all in Ninove but it will be in the company hack :lol: :lol:

Well thats us all packed and ready to hit the road in 11hrs and 45mins!

8) 8)

Just need to chuck stuff in van, fill up with fuel and check tyre pressure tomoz A.M
Engine is running rich but run out of time now!

Hope to see you all tomoz, safe journey Y'all! 8)

If anyone's early tommorow , the kettles always on in Folkestone, I live on the top of the downs above the Chunnel terminal :D

have fun kids , safe journeys and as little drink driving as possible :lol:

remember we love pics :mrgreen: mainly of witkap

Graham L said:
Won't be there in the bus, it appears that my 1303s box is fooked so its being transported back to me in the morning, still may see you all in Ninove but it will be in the company hack :lol: :lol:

Could have been worse Graham, could have broken over in Belgium!
Small comfort but at least its only just up the road!

Safe journey to all those heading out in the next 12 hours or so.
Wish I could get excited myself, but I'm holding out till my bus is safely back in my possession tomorrow afternoon hopefully!
See you over there all being well!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Hi All,

Dashing around getting everything ready for the trip to Ninove tomorrow, so just wanted to drop by here and say please do come say Hi if you see me - I'll be in my Just Kampers hoodie etc taking photos of everything and anything :)

Would be great to put some faces to some names, and get photos of your buses for our Facebook page etc :D

Also, I'll have a load of new JK Stickers - hopefully including a few our new surf style stickers like in the photo below - so make sure you get one as there's a limited number ;)

Here's a photo of us getting everything ready for the trip, and you can see a larger version of the JK Surf sticker on the back of Shaun's bus:
JKSurfSticker_zpsc88795bb.jpg

See you there!
Josh

CB channel 33 dudes! keep your ears on, cus I'll be hitting on ya backdoor, dodging the fender benders hopefully as I'll be cruising down on the graveyard shift tonight from midnight 10-4

Foz said:
CB channel 33 dudes! keep your ears on, cus I'll be hitting on ya backdoor, dodging the fender benders hopefully as I'll be cruising down on the graveyard shift tonight from midnight 10-4

Honestly really tempted to fit a CB in my Beetle when I get it on the road just for stuff like this :lol:
Shaun has a little CB radio phrase book somewhere, I'll see if we can bring it along ;)

Josh

Just asked Shaun if we could bring the book along and he had it in his desk! :D

IMG_4646_zpsfcf29624.jpg

My favorite from the book is 'Keep your wheels spinning and the beavers grinning" :lol:

Josh

Now on the ferry - made it with with 4 mins to spare!

Here with

Aspro
Baz1875
MyVanWay

And loads more

See you fellas there

Another casualty to drop out last min. My bus isn't ready for the trip! Even after 4 very long weeks of it being with Slamwerks, technical issues have now arisen last minute typically. So have a good trip fellas! Maybe next year...... :sad:

Foz said:
Another casualty to drop out last min. My bus isn't ready for the trip! Even after 4 very long weeks of it being with Slamwerks, technical issues have now arisen last minute typically. So have a good trip fellas! Maybe next year...... :sad:

As with most things custom, there is always set backs. I hate to say it but if really expected to roll out from a full custom suspension and plan on going on a road trip you were pushing your luck anyways. Heck I would want to drive it a hundred miles and lift it back up on the hoist and do a re-torque anyways to be safe. Just remember all good things come to those who wait!!!! Trust me your disappointment is far easier to take than losing a wheel and tearing your fender apart and/or wrecking your bus for good. I learned this the hard way when I was 18 when I built my first beetle. NEVER again!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get it home!!

squareweave said:
Foz said:

As with most things custom, there is always set backs. I hate to say it but if really expected to roll out from a full custom suspension and plan on going on a road trip you were pushing your luck anyways. Heck I would want to drive it a hundred miles and lift it back up on the hoist and do a re-torque anyways to be safe. Just remember all good things come to those who wait!!!! Trust me your disappointment is far easier to take than losing a wheel and tearing your fender apart and/or wrecking your bus for good. I learned this the hard way when I was 18 when I built my first beetle. NEVER again!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get it home!!

Wise words, and I fully agree to be honest. The original plan was to have it back for a week or so prior to the road trip anyway, but it kept getting pushed back further and further to the deadline, to the point where I wasn't comfortable with things myself. A blessing in disguise I'm sure! It will all work out eventually I guess. This initial disappointment will pale into insignificance to the joy I've yet to experience in the near future. :)

Latest posts