non starter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokeseys

Reaction score
getting really fecked off with my bus!!. Ive had my engine out to replace tin ware oil cooler and generally tidy the engine up. put it all back in. its turning over but not firing. i fitted a new fuel pump (euro max) which doesnt seem to be pumping fuel up so i had to put spare on.
i took off all wires to the coil but took photos of where wires go and i think they are back on correctly. how do i check for spark . i take its a two man job.

any advice as im ready to scrap the bloody thing!!!!

Easiest way is to take a plug lead off and pop another plug on it. Two is easier so you can look while someone else turns it over. I`m not exactly mobile myself at the moment with pop top problems (again) :roll: Oh and an ignition iffy switch,, and a bit of a top speed problem,, and.......... :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Don`t give up mate, I felt a bit like that this evening too :roll: ,, but It`s cool now,, I think :lol:

cheers ozzie dog. Ive been on it for days/weeks now on and off and Havent had chance to use it for whats its made for. even considered going across to the dark side lol. yet i look how cool it looks even though it doesnt move lol

Try that then let us know the results. If you got a sparking plug, wack the lead back on to your plug and try a capfull of petrol down the carb about half a teaspoon full, don`t go crazy with it or you could blow yourself to smitherenes, just a little bit and see what happens. Go very carefull with it and don`t spill it every where and put the cap back on the container and move it well away from the engine bay then crank it over and see what happens. Also don`t put some juice down the carb then go and have your tea, then go up the pub, then try and start it tomorrow :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Go carefull bud :mrgreen:

cheers ozzie dog ill give it a try and try and be careful lol. let you know how i get on

well after a couple of days away from the engine bay i thought i would tackle the non starter. first tried fuel pump. took off feed to carb and turned engine over by hand a couple of times. result fuel coming out fuel pump working.
therefore electrical fault. after the fumes had gone turned on ignition and there was power to coil. took of dizzy cap noticed spark between points when opening and closing. however, noticed rotary arm not turning!!!! reason for not starting was when i replaced fuel pump i Didnt seat the distrubutor all the way down and the rotary arm not spinning.

bus is now running:)

Latest posts