• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NOS early backing plate.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wicker

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a NOS early bay rear right side backing plate in MINT condition, part# is 211609440D and it measurs 11 1/2 inches across. Sticker on it says vw/audi/nsu made in Germany.

I cant seem to upload the pics so if you are interested send me your email address and i will send you the pics.

I will take highest offer on this as not too sure what its worth (im a split guy :wink: ).

Eric.

Fortunate Son said:
Eric

Im out - not the type Im after

Thanks for pics

Andy

No problem Andy, thanks for letting me know its for a 68>70 model.

Eric.

Eric - (just to avoid getting myself shot down in flames!!) I only assume its for a 68-70 as it does not have adjuster holes and has a straight (not "v" angled) star adjuster carrier / mounting at the bottom.

My van is an April 71 and I think has 1 year only brake shoes. My backing plates look similar to late bay ones with star adjuster access holes to enable adjustment with hub and wheel on. (Im not really familiar with early earlybay ie 68 to 70 model year backing plates).

Good luck with sale :)

Andy

Latest posts