Not Quite New Years Cruise 2012 - POSTPONED!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spit nolan

Reaction score
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!

It's cruise time!! :D

11am Sunday February the 5th is the date to remember for The 2012 Not Quite New Years Cruise!

Midlands based but everyone is welcome! we've had some visitors travel some serious distance to join in before, and the more we get again the beter!

Meeting at the Moathouse Inn on the A435 just before Alcester, near redditch, worcestershire at 11am Easy access from junction 3 of the m42, and junction 4 & 5 of the m5. ...Post code for the pub is B49 5QF Give me a shout on here or on 07966164040 if you need directions

Cruise will set off at around 11.30am, with previous cruises having in excess of 80 VW's its a site to behold, and what better way to start the show season than driving amongst some seriously cool air and water cooled vw's!

Also there will be the Participants Choice award, everyone who attends can cast their vote as to their favourite car of the event... only rules is it has to be a vw and not ur own! trophy for the winner! This is always closely contested, with the top 5 cars usually only having one or two votes between them. Anyone can win!

Once back at the Moathouse there will be food available, (I'll add more details asap) and the quiz!!

Also Martyn has informed me he will be bringing his paints, so if you want anything pinstriped whilst your there have a word with Martyn Groves

Check out the facebook event page at Not Quite New Years Cruise 2012 | Facebook

So lets see how many we can get out on the roads this year :D

Some images from previous events......
4413646199_3fbd46115a.jpg

DSC04460.jpg

DSC_01367.jpg

DSC_01297.jpg

Copy2ofDSC_0029.jpg

11012009096.jpg

Copy2ofDSC_0015.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

Cheers guys :tup:

I will definitely pop along to this! As i'm Birmingham based. Noted in the diary, see you there! :cool:

sounds good to me will be there with the Corvair bus,

and if weathers nice mate at work said he will uncover his t25 for the first time this year lol

fair weather driver !!

Pete and Gail

This is always a good run out, and been on pretty much all of them since having the camper.

Might pop along for this??

Don't forget folks Sunday 5th February is the day you will be cruising in your VW with lots of others ;)

earl thebay said:
not for me thanks . some nobs just want to slag your van off...they know who they are

Ok, why would be people slag ur van off? Am I missing something? Cruise open to all whatever the vehicle is like, long as its roadworthy bring it along don't let someone else ruin your fun. We all have different tastes that what makes it interesting. :) my bus is not to everyone's taste that's for sure (probably even less to people's taste on here as I sold my early bay and went to the dark side with a bit of metal down the middle of the windscreen) :?

If its not for u then fair enough, as long as u get to enjoy it in your own way and I'm sure there would be plenty of people there who will love it as much as you.

Edit Just tried finding ur van as I was interested to see it, are u stu from bromsgrove auto trimmers? If so ur bus is awesome mate, it's even in one of the pics above! Haven't seen u and Pete for ages since leaving that shitty job, don't have loads of opticians seats to re trim anymore. Won't be the same without u mate. Gareth

Really hope it stays dry too, really looking forward to it!! :)

Wanna try and make this the biggest yet, with over 80 VW's previously, it's certainly a cool sight on the roads, especially in the centre of Stratford upon Avon with all the tourists etc jumping in the road to get pictures! :)

Hi return to the Moathouse should be around 1.30pm, there is then food available in the function room and the quiz and prize giving. Obviously if people need to get off ASAP I would probably suggest not ordering food before the cruise.
The pub do us a special menu for the event which is £5.95 for one course, £7.95 for 2 or £9.95 for 3. Plus the food is always very good! :)
I will be going round with menu and taking orders before we set off in the morning.

This Sunday at 11am meet at the Moathouse inn on the a435 near Redditch and alcester. Only few days to go now folks! :)

Wish this was a bit nearer to me :( a Cruz with food is very tempting, lets hope it doesn't snow :D

Bristol's not far I commute further than that ;) lol!

Really keeping fingers crossed weather holds out, had to postpone a previous one due to snow, hence the decision to make it a later date than early January like it was before, blooming unpredictable English weather!! :(

Cruise 2mrw folks! :) Weather may not be the warmest but have checked MET office and it seems there will be snow today but Sunday should be clear and actually the warmest day of the week!! Hope your all ready for an awesome day! :)

Latest posts