O.G paint 69 westy weekender

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irvs

Reaction score
heres my 69westy weekender ,i bought it of skinny on here ,came with loads of history all O.G paint a real jem now ive cleaned him up ,
jobs done so far full machine polish
got a mate up who doea dent removal and went round the bus ,did an amazing job
detailed and replaced engine as commpression was low (wouldnt idle)
changed the suspension to link pin courtesy of rusty lee ,cheers dude!!
adjustable rear spring plates and 15"split wheels with kdf hubcaps

loads left to do but heres a pic of how it looked before
Sideview.jpg

2011-02-10_121234.jpg

Rearview.jpg

2011-02-10_121719.jpg

and hers the bus now

2817a5c6.jpg

84d1dbd3.jpg

880b12ae.jpg

cheers dude, i will get some better pics up tommorow to show how the paint has come up just got the bumpers to detail and that will do for now :D

irvs said:

I love the wheel combo. So clean looking on Westy
Are those wheels in the background going on the van? :shock: You can come clean and let everybody know you are going "donk" style. :roll:

For those who have never heard of donk hear is the urban dictionarys meaning:
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.
With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.
donk+cars+pictures-2.jpg

so after loads of cleaning and polishing this is were im at ,the only bit i had to paint was were on the side by the sill it was to far in so i knocked it out and blended it in ,,next up is to paint the windscreen panel as its just starting to rust were the paint is thin
eddie759.jpg

eddie758.jpg

eddie757.jpg

eddie751.jpg

eddie753.jpg

eddie754.jpg

eddie755.jpg

eddie760.jpg

eddie752.jpg

eddie761.jpg

eddie777.jpg

eddie776.jpg

eddie775.jpg

eddie773.jpg

eddie783.jpg

eddie781.jpg

eddie780.jpg

eddie779.jpg

eddie772.jpg

eddie750.jpg

eddie749.jpg

eddie746.jpg

eddie744.jpg

Wouw Nice Westy, keep up THE good work.
What this you do for the stance? narrowed beam, tires combo etc?

Greetings from Holland mycha

Cheers for the comments everyone ,as regards to the stance I've put a split screen link pin beam on with adjusters and dropped spindles and added coil overs to help with the damping ,I had to notch the chassis at the front ,with the back I fitted t2d adjustable spring plates and a2 spline drop and I used a set of shorter fromt shocks on the back no chassis notching as yet but if I go any lower I would need to :D

Absolutely love this bus, it's lovely and original, very clean, awesome stance, great paint...
:mrgreen: jealous!

irvs said:
Cheers for the comments everyone ,as regards to the stance I've put a split screen link pin beam on with adjusters and dropped spindles and added coil overs to help with the damping ,I had to notch the chassis at the front ,with the back I fitted t2d adjustable spring plates and a2 spline drop and I used a set of shorter fromt shocks on the back no chassis notching as yet but if I go any lower I would need to :D

thanks for charing ;) what’s our tire sizes up front?
Greetings

Latest posts