• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

October 67 sign written panel for sale...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeyspinner Tim

Reaction score
October 67 Western VW Type 2 panel van, was used as a sign for Western VW's in Nevada for around 15 years, the big blue arrow and the VW sign on the side has been blown over with aerosol but i'm sure this would come off with thinners or carefull flatting if desired. the Body has no rot as far as i'm aware as it's been in Nevada desert most of it's life. there are quite a few bits of minor body damage but all should be easliy repairable. There are quite a few bits missing, engine, gearbox, rear bumper, front indicators, rear lights, door handles and a few other odds and sods but nothing too hard to find and what really makes this panel desireable is the fact it's so early and it is rot free!

It has the front grille, rear apron and engine lid included, it also has a clear title

Vehicle is currently in Utah USA. could be back here within around 6 weeks

$675 plus shipping from the States. (which i can sort for around £1800)

i can help with some of the missing parts for extra cash.

20944310.jpg

20944311.jpg

21349010.jpg

nb_110.jpg

nb_210.jpg

nb_410.jpg

nb_310.jpg

nb_510.jpg

nb_1010.jpg

20944312.jpg

20944313.jpg

nb_710.jpg

Very keen on the van tim, could you please give some idea of price to have a engine and box with the van?? like you say a can sort out the "little" missing bit myself. I'm just thinking a engine and box will be cheaper in the US????
cheers
marcher

I talked to the previous owner of that at length when it was up on the Samba. Where is it located at now? He indicated that there was an issue with the suspension on the front drivers wheel, and wouldn't roll. Know anything about that?

I've drooled over it for a while.

marcher said:
Very keen on the van tim, could you please give some idea of price to have a engine and box with the van?? like you say a can sort out the "little" missing bit myself. I'm just thinking a engine and box will be cheaper in the US????
cheers
marcher

I may know of a box for it, i'm just waiting for a price. as far as an engine goes i'm not in the US so it's not easy to source one there but i'll see what i can find.

Kirk said:
I talked to the previous owner of that at length when it was up on the Samba. Where is it located at now? He indicated that there was an issue with the suspension on the front drivers wheel, and wouldn't roll. Know anything about that?

I've drooled over it for a while.

Yeah i spoke to him about that, he said it rolls and steers around the yard fine but he wouldn't advise it to be A-farmed on the road. probably just a balljoint or bearing issue but obviously anyone putting it on the road would go through all that anyway. it it was a trailing arm or spindle problem i have lots of S/H ones available cheap as chips.

Graham L YHM

The previous owner has a 1600 motor complete and running but a bit smokey... only $100 though so well worth it as a core or might just need a set of Barrels and pistons and a bit of a freshen up... it can be put inside the bus for shipping.

I got a buddy in the States looking for a panel. What would shipping to Tx be?

Latest posts