Oil Leak?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

Took me bus out this weekend n just looked at my drive n you can see where i've backed off with a stream of oil left on the drive n leading off down the road.

Checked the oil level and it seems pretty ok 3/4 full.

Recently had it serviced could it be leaking due to overfilling or do you think i have a problem on my hands?

Also when i've been out in it the back is covered in oil spots everytime i go anywere even just to the shops!

Any ideas.

had it serviced.....

get your head under and check the rocker covers and seals, check the bail arms fitted properly and if its that bad it should be blatant where its coming from...

Araon

stick some newspaper under it before you go to bed dave,in the morning you will see where its leaking from,then tell us where from and we can prob be more helpfull.sounds like a big oil leak tho,if you have a constant line

strongy said:
stick some newspaper under it before you go to bed dave,in the morning you will see where its leaking from,then tell us where from and we can prob be more helpfull.sounds like a big oil leak tho,if you have a constant line

I'll have a go but van is parked on me front drive and its pretty windy at the moment.

To be honest I wouldnt know how to fix it anyway lol

might be something simple dude,piece of plywood or simler will do the same :mrgreen: could easy be a loose rocker cover or even a missing rocker cover.

Oil out the back sounds like it could be the bottom pulley leaking. Have you got a standard lower pulley or a shiney aftermarket one?

Mine leaked around the pulley area for a while, it drove me mad until I spotted a drip on the oil pressure sender,
it was leaking trough the connection and not the thread. :roll:

thanks for all the advice peeps i'm not sure why i asked to be honest cos you might as well be talking french for all i understood of the advice lol.

It does seem to be worse when running!

If it has been overfilled my money will be on flywheel oil seal. If you have a look underneath where the gearbox meets the engine it should be dry. If its wet with oil or you can see drips then flywheel oil seal has blown out. If its gone big style you will also notice your clutch slipping.

Leaky rocker covers is also plausable. It's also worth checking that your oil breather pipe isn't kinked or blocked.

Latest posts