Oil light on at tick over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micaz

Reaction score
Ive just changed the oil for Morris in a remtec with 300 miles on it. The first 300 miles, no light. Engine had quantum in it.
Been on a road trip to Woolacombe and home to Wiltshire and noticed when home back on the drive last night at tickover the oil light flickered.
Checked the oil today and its on the top mark.
Popped to Lacock and whilst performing a 40 point turn, the oil light flickered on.
I think it doesnt like the morris and would prefer quantum...
From cold, no oil light flicker.
I dont know if its a new oil pump. I bought the bus with the new engine in it. The previous owner wouldnt have a clue either. Previous invoices dont show a new oil pump but pretty miuch everything else has been done including a new oil cooler.
So I think its quantum.
Anyone????

Used morris oil before with no issues. Is your tickover speed right. If too low it could cause the issue . Flickering can be a sign of bearing wear.

Hmmmmmm no idea if I'm honest there has been loads of discussions about oil on here have a quick search

It can be a sign of big end or main bearing wear. The oil forces out if these are out of tolerance.

Worth getting your oil pressure switch checked first.

Did the engine seem to be hot? If it was it could thin the oil too much which can also sometimes result in flickering.

What weight of oil were you using?

Latest posts