Oilbath Air Cleaner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggles

Reaction score
I have a beetle oilbath airfilter fitted to my 1600TP which came with the van. It is the later type which has the diaphragm located just above the warm air intake spout which has the vacuum takeoff. However the lid to the filter does not have the spigots to connect either to the vacuum port from the diaphragm or to connect the lid to the port on the carb. There is no vacuum line currently connected.

Could anyone tell me what exactly the vacuum does .... what is the result if it isn't connected .... and could I connect the vacuum line directly from diaphragm to carb bypassing the lid connection?

Tim

I have now got hold of the right Oil Bath air cleaner for my van. The next problem is that a past owner has cut out the stand which it sits on next to the battery recess. Is there a simple way to replace this .... has anyone overcome this problem and if so how? I don't have access to welding kit so it would have to bolt on in some way.

Thanks

Tim

I used a trailer spare wheel clamp...

Bit of fettling with a grinder...

Worked well and never came off ;)
Cheers
Al

Latest posts