OLD POE - ABSOLUTLY DISTRAUGHT

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your help, Angel have contacted me but I have my own family soliceters on the case, My insurance is with AF & yes it,s true what everyone says they are pants.
I,m not going to put any of my compensation / loss of earnings money towards repairing the van & I,m gonna make her insurance pay for it all. The women driver is gonna get bills for new front seat covers (which were brand new) as they have got marked & torn. I,m also sending her bills for dry cleaning my curtains & cushion covers. See how she likes that.. :roll:

if it wasnt for false claiments slamming their brakes on in front of people to cause an accident that they can make a mint out of. there would be money left to pay for real claims such as this. sadly the scammers have milked insurance companies so much over the years with fake buglaries etc that insurance companies have just closed up shop. it makes you want to brick their window but that doesnt make it any better

gutted for you andy. good luck with her insurers. it does make you wonder why we pay for insurance. they just dont realise our vans are more to us than lumps of metal. it beggers belief that your having to do all the leg work, surely thats what we pay them for! have had cars insured in the past with flux but never need to claim. needless to say ill be giving them a wide berth in the future.

its sucks :( , but i hope you have better luck in your own claim. If you have her bang to rights on the accident in the police report theres no way they can back out of a claim.

The vans not a write off and can be fixed i would go hammer and tongs at her insurance firm to get it settled out of court. The last thing they will want is to incur court costs as this is usually more than the cost of the claim.

With regard to your injuries, these claims can take alot longer, i had a bad accident where i was thrown out of the back window of a car, it took 24 months to settle as they had to assess my injuries to see if they were long term or not.

With regard to your injuries, these claims can take alot longer, i had a bad accident where i was thrown out of the back window of a car, it took 24 months to settle as they had to assess my injuries to see if they were long term or not.[/quote]

a mate of mine had the same happen to him out of the back of one of those off road jap people carriers in dubia (they let the tyres down to go ito the desert then dont pump them back up again to go on the motorway) the result was my mate waking up in the fast lane with his laptop and phone smashed to bits around him.

as for your van mate. i'd contact fbi and see if they can import you a complete front (as far back as possible) and find the best guy through the members on here to stitch it on.
less than a grand i'd say. as for the prick making comments on vzi, there's one born every minute. i bet he doesnt even have a decent van himself.

andewilson said:
if it wasnt for false claiments slamming their brakes on in front of people to cause an accident that they can make a mint out of. there would be money left to pay for real claims such as this. sadly the scammers have milked insurance companies so much over the years with fake buglaries etc that insurance companies have just closed up shop. it makes you want to brick their window but that doesnt make it any better

That one happened to me, well not directly..

Someone dropped the anker in front of the pick up in front of me, i slammed on mine too, but it was too late for my old brakes.. I knew it would be deemed as 'my fault' so i didn't even bother with the insurance.. If i find that little chavvy ba*tard, i WILL rip his cra**y body kit off, and beat his head until he looks like kryten...

Good luck with dealing with her insurance direct, i do hope you can get her back on the road

After weeks of haggling a big fat juicey cheque arrived from the women drivers insurance :mrgreen:
So then I start thinkin Gadgets laundry panel van :?:
Scotts Deluxe :?: with more funds put towards obviuosly :mrgreen:
& variuos other nice Early bays that have been for sale.
But whilst sat in the garage on me own & thinking really hard I snapped out of it & decided to get Poe repaired.
I,ve been in contact for a couple of months with Russ who is responsable for this resto http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=433930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
& tonight Old Poe was booked into his workshop for the rebuild :D she'll be collected by Russ in 2 weeks time, hopefully all will be well to get on me Hols in her next summer. Russ says approx 3 months to complete, so more pictures to be posted when shes on the trailer & on her way.
Andy

good too read ur both ok! bent my corrado vr6 with A.F ,again not my fault. low payout through uninsured driver. just getting a bit back through civil claim. b*st*rdos!

I'm so pleased she's going to be rapaired. I look forward to seeing progress photos.

I bet you can't wait to get back out in her next season! :mrgreen:

excellent news andy! think you made the right choice. obviously alot of love went into poe. it would have been such a shame to see her scrapped :( . good luck with the rebuild. looking forward to pics of her back to her former glory. :D

Glad you got her insurance to pay out, personally i think i would have to have a new van. I know all the work you put into Poe but will it ever feel the same :?:
Good luck anyway and will look forward to the pictures.
Are you gonna start a new gallery Thread :?:

I take it thats the restorer you told me about andy?......

So glad your restoring old poe fella, looking forward to the restoration pics :)

ant :)

Certainly is Ant,
She's on her way Tuesday 9th December 8)
Feeling a bit nervous now. :D

I had a complete front end grafted on to my bay (luckily due to rot) and it wasn't that bad. The complete front came from the usa and went back to the B posts so all the floor, wheel arches etc are genuine! It didn't include the roof but it wasn't too expensive, the front was £190 + vat from Karmann Konnection and Jim at cotsweld put it in for £600 (although he said next time it would be twice that) It did make an otherwise scrap bus back into a daily drive.

Ermiprefrontfloor.jpg

Ermiprefrontfloor2.jpg

Ermintrude.jpg

Good luck

Seb

beetleseb said:
I had a complete front end grafted on to my bay (luckily due to rot) and it wasn't that bad. The complete front came from the usa and went back to the B posts so all the floor, wheel arches etc are genuine! It didn't include the roof but it wasn't too expensive, the front was £190 + vat from Karmann Konnection and Jim at cotsweld put it in for £600 (although he said next time it would be twice that) It did make an otherwise scrap bus back into a daily drive.

Ermiprefrontfloor.jpg

Ermiprefrontfloor2.jpg

Ermintrude.jpg

Good luck

Seb
:shock: :shock: Seb, I could of done with them pictures weeks ago, I did'nt half have a battle with the insurance assesors to convince them it can easily be done.
Any finnished pictures?
Andy

Latest posts