Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah thanks Stu, and happy birthday to Murphy! You back off duty now bud? Hope you had a good Christmas, and happy new year to you and Clare. See you soon fella, I still owe you for the ammo box remember ;-)

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

Unfortunately mate I am still in Kandahar and will be for another 2 months or so!
So had a quiet (and dry) Xmas and New Year!

Will be making up for it on my return though - especially as I am a good 2 stone lighter!

Don't worry about the Ammo Box mate - looking forward to catching up with you for a beer later on in the year!

Nice to hear a few buses on here sharing the same birthday!

Treated mine to a new propex HS2000 to celebrate the occasion. Just gotta get the thing fitted now when it's delivered Friday.

Attended the DTA new years cruise weekend just gone. Was a decent turn out, and sorted the men from the boys....it was cold, and wet! Enjoyed the cruise tho!

re8uhuda.jpg

ybype9ur.jpg

nebegu5u.jpg

9emeguju.jpg

ute8amem.jpg

ny2e6y4u.jpg

Foz dont suppose youve got a vid of your bus lowering on the air as im seriously thinking of adding air

cheers

Mark

dlscott1974 said:
i bloody love this bus keep it up

Cheers fella :D

Mark6455 said:
Foz dont suppose youve got a vid of your bus lowering on the air as im seriously thinking of adding air

cheers

Mark

Mark I don't, but I'm going to Campermart this weekend, will take some video of the air ride ups and downs at some point and get it posted up for ya! ;)

gvee said:
Gutted Foz, you drove off just as I was pulling in to my car park space!

I did spot your van as I was leaving dude. Sorry I couldn't stop to say hi, my foot had froze to the accelerator peddle :lol:
Will catch up at some point no doubt mate.
Nice stance on the van by the way! :mrgreen:

Bus looks good foz but I think that picture has made me decide I won't be going tomorrow, looks like it will be full of builders vans :), looked at the traders listed today and only recognised about 4 of them.

My parents were at the Motor show in Birmingham and popped in to this on the way home. Apart from nearly paying to get in to the Tattoo expo :lol: they weren't that impressed and said I'd have been gutted if I went up from London.

However, they absolutely loved your bus Foz!! :D

Graham L said:
Bus looks good foz but I think that picture has made me decide I won't be going tomorrow, looks like it will be full of builders vans :), looked at the traders listed today and only recognised about 4 of them.
wise choice Graham IMO.

Whistler said:
Apart from nearly paying to get in to the Tattoo expo :lol: they weren't that impressed and said I'd have been gutted if I went up from London.

However, they absolutely loved your bus Foz!! :D

Glad to have helped soften the blow to what seemed a disappointing show for people. I quite enjoyed it, as we also got free admittance to the Tattoo Freeze show next door.

Now I'm not really into ink and piercings, but some of the female bodyparts on display grabbed my attention, lol. In particular the bodypainted model with just a skimpy thong to keep her dignity intact. Not to mention the women skaters, complete nutters! haha! And amongst the cool stuff of the bmx tricks and stunts, I was adequately entertained.
Even got to meet Mr David Eccles, who kindly introduced himself, and had a quick chat. Would I show there again? Very much doubt it, due to the nightmare of getting out once the show had finished!
Had to wait for over 2 hours for the tattoo presentations to end, which seemed to go on for eternity....and then some! Not ideal as we were situated right in front of the main stage. And with tattooed specimens of all sizes and genders closely hugging your bus for space to see the stage, it wasn't a pleasant ending to the day.
Oh and to top it off? .....flat battery!! lol.

Mind you it could have been worse, the late Bay on the end lost all his lights when he flicked on his hazard lights as he was due to leave
I could do nothing else but leave him stranded, as I couldn't leave my bus without fear of it stalling again. (Not that I could have helped much anyway to be honest)
All in all a good day, but long with it!

5agu2ate.jpg

yse7e9uq.jpg

---------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

It was a lot smaller that I thought it would be, good to see you though

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

So, here we go once again.... . .

Olive is booked in as of next week for air bags to be fitted on the rear this time round.
I'm making sure everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet this time round tho, no misunderstandings allowed!! :roll:

Should take approximately 2 weeks, so hopefully by the end of the month I'll be riding on FULL air system!

The idea of air on the rear isn't so much for more lows, I'm low enough (for now) ;) but hopefully to give lift when needed ie. ferry ramps, speed bumps or for when generally loaded up and a little more cushion is required between the tires and the inner arches (no tubbing required)

So don't be expecting massive drops on the rear....I don't think the chassis could take any more notching :lol:

During the fitting process, it's been agreed that more strengthening is required, to the chassis itself as well as where the air bag brackets will sit. Slamwerks basically left it in an unsatisfactory condition strength wise as they cut off the strengthening supports of the chassis to allow the lows, with no reinforcing added after the chassis was notched.
The front also requires strengthening, which I will be having done as soon as funding allows :roll:

Next on the shortlist, after this, will be Propex fitment!! :|

Updates to follow next week..... . . .

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Latest posts