One for the mot tester.........proof of age for the MOT

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
i have been asked for proof of age from my MOT tester for an unregistered imported van showing day, month and year. it has to be an official certificate from a club or vw. i have ordered a certificate from the vw museum, but this can take up to six weeks and i need it sooner. Does anybody know if there is an official alternative to the museum route.
Thanks in advance
Leon

A few years ago your local VW would supply it, I know the Milton Keynes branch have stopped.

It should say it in the drivers door shut where the chassis number sticker is.

I assume you don't have a title for the bus ?

No title, but that doesn't have the day or even month on some.
They said they needed proof of age, as in an official document, so if VOSA were to visit then they wouldn't get in trouble. They were perfectly aware that the M-code could be translated on line, but this wasn't good enough.
i'll ask at my local vw centre, cheers.

Hi Leon,
I was also told the VW certificate could take up to 12 weeks but I applied for mine at the beginning of October and it arrived within two weeks, so it might be here sooner than you thought.
Cheers

I am a MOT tester and would be happy with a print out from a m code decoder website, you only need it to determine a year of registration to go on the paper work and they wouldn't get in to trouble as i have done it many time's! :D

moley76 said:
I am a MOT tester and would be happy with a print out from a m code decoder website, you only need it to determine a year of registration to go on the paper work and they wouldn't get in to trouble as i have done it many time's! :D

Cheers for the reply. would you be happy with M-code report on its own or with the title as well. Maybe i'll speak to them about this.

whitley bay said:
Hi Leon,
I was also told the VW certificate could take up to 12 weeks but I applied for mine at the beginning of October and it arrived within two weeks, so it might be here sooner than you thought.
Cheers

Fingers crossed then, as i ordered it about two weeks ago now.

Latest posts