Opinions on Colour Choice Welcome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPBerry2011 said:
Thanks, that helps. Nice bus! Most people I've asked think pastel might be the way to go but as you say, holding the colour swatch at different angles has a huge effect so that is throwing a spanner into the works!

Cheers :D if it was me I would go for a whiter white than pearl, I think it needs a bit more contrast

Turkis n Pearl White is what we are having ours. Seen a Splitty with this combination at dubfreeze and really liked it. Goes into the paint shop in two weeks - should take 3 weeks so in 5 or 6 weeks can post pics.

Make sure you do your colour selection in natural daylight. Selecting colours under electric lights will screw things up royally. All lamps give "colour cast". You need natural daylight to be sure.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

jonboylaw said:
Make sure you do your colour selection in natural daylight. Selecting colours under electric lights will screw things up royally. All lamps give "colour cast". You need natural daylight to be sure.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Definitely agree - photo's also give a very different (IMHO) representation. The Splitty we saw was in the car park. For about 12 months it was going to be Blauweiss but began to think it might not suit a Bay as well as it does a Splitty (maybe a bit saturated which the Aquamarine effect we thought). Considered Old English White but when we saw the one a Dubfreeze and spoke to the owner - Yup! That's the one "Pearl White".

Yeah I saw a split painted Turkis and Pearl at Tatton in August last year... loved it. Took some photos, spoken to the owner who assures me that it is pearl white yet it looks different on my swatch to the pics I've taken... hence my hesitation. Here is a couple of pics of the bus I saw so you can all see what I mean.

[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Pearl is second down on this photo...[photobucket] [/photobucket]

[photobucket [/photobucket]

Bay-low71 said:
Just another curve ball to throw at you!! Why not Turkis up to gutter line??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, has crossed my mind but think we have decided that we are going to stick with it from the mid-line. I agree it could look pretty cool though :)

CPBerry2011 said:
Yeah I saw a split painted Turkis and Pearl at Tatton in August last year... loved it. Took some photos, spoken to the owner who assures me that it is pearl white yet it looks different on my swatch to the pics I've taken... hence my hesitation. Here is a couple of pics of the bus I saw so you can all see what I mean.

Pearl is second down on this photo...

Think that's the same bus - I seem to remember those wheels. I have it on my camcorder so will check the reg. He told us "Pearl White" but your swatch PIC does look different than your Splitty PIC but its the available light that can affect the PIC. Think might have to check swatches now :?

Davydomes said:
CPBerry2011 said:

Think that's the same bus - I seem to remember those wheels. I have it on my camcorder so will check the reg. He told us "Pearl White" but your swatch PIC does look different than your Splitty PIC but its the available light that can affect the PIC. Think might have to check swatches now :?

Our bus is more like your pearl than the split (difficult to tell exactly from the photo). I remember talking to Midland Paintwerks when they painted our bus and they said there are different shades of the pearl white. The one on our bus is definitely the right L87 for ours as it matches some interior panels that had been covered so hadn't faded etc. The split looks whiter

Davydomes said:
CPBerry2011 said:

Did he give any indication as to whether it was a variant of l87 when you spoke to him? He just said its pearl white to me. If you check your swatch, which I presume is standard l87, then could you post a pic?

I have contacted the owner of the split in the past and have just dropped him another email so if I hear back i'll let you know.

Did he give any indication as to whether it was a variant of l87 when you spoke to him? He just said its pearl white to me. If you check your swatch, which I presume is standard l87, then could you post a pic?

I have contacted the owner of the split in the past and have just dropped him another email so if I hear back i'll let you know.

No - just said "Pearl White". He didn't elaborate any further. Then I looked it up to get the L87 on net.

Don't have the swatches to check with was hoping the Paint Supplier in Warrington my have one for L87. They had a lot of swatches when painting our Isetta. Oh no - bet they haven't :oops:

Wasn't astute enough to get the guys details (well done), coz thought it would be straight forward - like anything ever is with a Bus :roll:

Be interesting to hear what he says. Thanks!

Davydomes said:

Don't have the swatches to check with was hoping the Paint Supplier in Warrington my have one for L87
Who do you get your paint from? I'm from Warrington and live there too.

Chris.

There was two - think it was P & M Panels we got the paint from but there was another small place behind what was O'Malleys Gym that also lent us a bunch of swatches - will try and find out the name of it. We live in Newton-le-Willows :shock: Small World!

Latest posts