Overhead Locker Plans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub wannabe

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anybody got the plans for an overhead locker they would be willing to share?

thanks in advance,

and me :D

its practically the last thing that needs doing to my interior. i'm still undecided as to what to do there.

hi i have a sey over devon plans inc overhead locker in pdf got them of tinternet let me know where to email to an you can have them

paul

Thanks for the link; I'll try to knock up a 1:1 copy at work so it'll just be a case of drawing around a template.

Whats the difference between a Westi locker and a Devon locker?

Has anyone used these plans to make an over head locker?

I've just recreated it on my CAD system at work and there a few things that don't quite add up. Its mainly the curves/arc on the 'bridge' and 'sides' matching up.

I think a cardboard template is in order. :msn4:

hi i have a sey over devon plans inc overhead locker in pdf got them of tinternet let me know where to email to an you can have them

Are these the one from the link above?

Hi, I've got a devon locker removed at the moment. If anyone wants to come and measure up, or wants detailed photo's etc, let me know. Need to be quick as it's sold and being collected on Friday!!

Is there any chance :roll: that you can draw around it, just the front faces. To give the overall shape with correct radius/curve.

Then post it to me (I will pay postage fees). I can then model it in CAD and share it with other folks....I know I'm nice like that! You only have to draw around one half, as the other half is a mirror image right?

Is it already out of the van? I would'nt also, sorry, mind a picture of the rear of the internal face to see how it has been assembled.

I know its a bit of a big ask, but it would benefit so many people!

vdub wannabe said:
Is there any chance :roll: that you can draw around it, just the front faces. To give the overall shape with correct radius/curve.

Then post it to me (I will pay postage fees). I can then model it in CAD and share it with other folks....I know I'm nice like that! You only have to draw around one half, as the other half is a mirror image right?

Is it already out of the van? I would'nt also, sorry, mind a picture of the rear of the internal face to see how it has been assembled.

I know its a bit of a big ask, but it would benefit so many people!

Yes sure, no worries :) glad to help. Yes, it's out of the van, so I can trace round the face side, maybe a few measurements etc, plus detailed photo's of fixing's / construction if that helps? Will have to wait until I get back from work! ;)

Here's a pic, just see part of it
IMAG0025.jpg

Here's some photo's to be getting on with. Just need to find a decent size bit of card to trace the front panel. If I can I'll edit a photo with dimensions if that will help?

Cheers, Nick

IMAG0040.jpg

See the rest at http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv190/Nick-Rackham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks, theres a lot of pictures! ;)

Is it standard to slope at the edges?

Does'nt have to be card, paper will do.

vdub wannabe said:
got sidetracked last night by a mate and and the offer of a beer! so will do the template and measurements tonight for you. PM your address and I'll get the template off to you when it's done :)

vdub wannabe said:

Is it standard to slope at the edges?

Does'nt have to be card, paper will do.

I think it's standard, certainly looks to be exactly the same construction method and materials as the rest of the interior.

OK, if a Blue Peter, paper stuck together effort will do, happy with that. I'll also print out some of the detail pics and write the measurements on for you bud

I have now done a cardboard template of my CAD model produced from the drawings from Nick, thanks again.

Stuck the template it into my van last night.....what do you think?

Locker1.jpg

I can see in the pictures, supplied again by Nick, that the locker goes right back to the tailgate hinges/rear headliner area.

Now that its modelled in CAD I can different fronts/door designs etc. I'm thinking of extending the locker base to bring it further into the cabin. Other than cracking your head on it when you get up from the bench seat, what other disadvantages would there be :?:

With people who have got an overhead locker, how can it be improved?

Once I completely finished the plans then I will be in the postion to print out 1:1 scale drawings so you guys and girls can draw around them. There will be a small charge for paper (A0) and postage, should'nt be much though.

Latest posts