Overhead Locker Plans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good work Men! The power of eb 8) :mrgreen:
The only disadvantage would be for someone with a poptop I guess?(other than cracking yr head as you said already :lol: )
But surely that's just a solution of 2 sets of measurments for the bottom piece?

The only disadvantage would be for someone with a poptop I guess?(other than cracking yr head as you said already )
But surely that's just a solution of 2 sets of measurments for the bottom piece?

Yeah it is, quite simple as you said. Just extend the base and sloped sides.

I was thinking of extending it so it covered the whole rear section, more space to store lots of slim things.

if it was that long would you maybe need to have an access point half way as I know my arms wouldn't reach all that way for an elusive little bit that rolled all the way back :mrgreen:

vdub wannabe said:
I have now done a cardboard template of my CAD model produced from the drawings from Nick, thanks again.

Stuck the template it into my van last night.....what do you think?

Locker1.jpg

I can see in the pictures, supplied again by Nick, that the locker goes right back to the tailgate hinges/rear headliner area.

Now that its modelled in CAD I can different fronts/door designs etc. I'm thinking of extending the locker base to bring it further into the cabin. Other than cracking your head on it when you get up from the bench seat, what other disadvantages would there be :?:

With people who have got an overhead locker, how can it be improved?

Once I completely finished the plans then I will be in the postion to print out 1:1 scale drawings so you guys and girls can draw around them. There will be a small charge for paper (A0) and postage, should'nt be much though.

Looks good :)

Not sure about the colour / pattern ;)

vdub wannabe said:
Thanks for the link; I'll try to knock up a 1:1 copy at work so it'll just be a case of drawing around a template.

Whats the difference between a Westi locker and a Devon locker?

Westy lockers are only 3/4 width due to the wardrobe

Hi all

sorry its been so long. Life usually gets in the way of stuff like this!

Hopefully the drawing of the locker should be posted in this thread, with thanks to Nick supplying the outline.
The drawing can be emailed or downloaded/copied from this thread.

EarlyBayLocker1.jpg

I found it easier to spray mount the 1:1 scale of the front face of the locker to a peice of card or direct to the wood and cut around this.

I will email directly to people if they have a plotter, it should translate at 1:1 scale ok.

If people want a full size print out then I can send them one, but this would be at a small cost of £4.00. This includes P&P but its mainly for the plotter paper at work (and its work charging for it). Its just plotter paper, not carpet paper like the roof liner templates by Grazy & Co.

PM if your interested, I have a paypal account, and I'll send them out ASAP.

I can add more dimensions to work out the front face arc if required, just need to find a little time at work, its a bit hetic at the moment :?

vdub wannabe, would it be possible to email over the CAD drawing, I'm in the process of drawing my interior up and it would be a great help if I could crib yours and amend to suit.

Cheers
Duzzied

Yeah thats cool, can you PM me your email address and I'll send it over. What format? Other folks have asked for it in DXF format....will that do ya?

Slammed said:
Any idea if these locker plans are suitable for sunroof buses? 8)

Sunroof busses have a double skin so these would be too deep, you need to get hold of a pop top westy one, copy the profile and go from there. Remember westy ones are normally 3/4 width due to the cupboard so you will need to use the same profile both sides. ;)

hay everyone! im new to the forum and was just wondering if these plans are still avaliable to get printed and posted thanks
Tom

hi and welcome to Early bay.

I'm the one who had the plans, however I lost my job on the 23rd December and therefore don't have access to a plotter anymore.

I may have the odd set lying around somewhere. I'm trying to get my old work colleagues to email over the DXF file, so if you have access to a plotter then you print hem off straight away.

There is an image on one of the first posts that some people have used.

I'll let you know if I get the file ;)

cool thanks that would be great if you could do that im finding this forum a great help hours of reading
much to thr GF disgust lol

Hi all,

this is a long shot as this post is quite old, but don't suppose anybody has the CAD file for the top locker do they??

Looking to build one and this would make it a doddle.
Thanks
Sam

Ahi vein wannaby I don't suppose you still have the overhead locker plans than I get buy. We are refurbish our t2 Devon camper and want to put one in. We have a new kitchen in it will be resting on that one side. Many thanks

Hi all

sorry its been so long. Life usually gets in the way of stuff like this!

Hopefully the drawing of the locker should be posted in this thread, with thanks to Nick supplying the outline.
The drawing can be emailed or downloaded/copied from this thread.

EarlyBayLocker1.jpg

I found it easier to spray mount the 1:1 scale of the front face of the locker to a peice of card or direct to the wood and cut around this.

I will email directly to people if they have a plotter, it should translate at 1:1 scale ok.

If people want a full size print out then I can send them one, but this would be at a small cost of £4.00. This includes P&P but its mainly for the plotter paper at work (and its work charging for it). Its just plotter paper, not carpet paper like the roof liner templates by Grazy & Co.

PM if your interested, I have a paypal account, and I'll send them out ASAP.

I can add more dimensions to work out the front face arc if required, just need to find a little time at work, its a bit hetic at the moment :?
What's the email address for PayPal?

Latest posts