Pain in't arse

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. Just ordered one, for the price its worth a try, plus - have had enough of getting stranded without fuel.

Can't wait to see your van ready

Its a shame they wont work with the original gauge but they have a different resistance 10-180 ohms, but from what i know the early bay gauges weren't great when new

Finished cab floor used some metal from JK floor panels which were crap as you can see the indent is not the same no matter its only a minor detail in the scheme of things

Hopefully I can give the cargo floor a 'blowover' this weekend and then i get the carpet and panels retrimmed - I have a aversion to plastic vinyl, I like 'warm and furry'!

Still sans engine but I have now finally got everything I need for the engine so maybe a couple of weeks - maybe - knocked up a 3 gauge pod though so i can monitor the engine

Window metal trim today, contrary to what some people tell you fitting metal trim in after the window is in is relatively straight forward though you need to make the tool to do it

The good thing about having no work is I get time to bugger around with the van, the bad thing being able to afford to bugger around with it, bought a load of scrap metal and some knackered and rotted heat exchangers - can i be arsed messing around with some crappy repro's

Engine still a way off but i have almost all the bits, maybe a tad more shim currently 0.007mm

On the plus side i have mastered the ancient art of putting metal trim after the window is fitted, there is a knack to it - which is probably don't bother and fit the trim in the rubbers before fitting the windows, I shall go around replacing all the rubber and respray the surrounds as i go - the bottom half can be done when i can be arsed! it's all about getting the baby on the road as i need it for work

Busy, busy it will be running/registered soon after much scouring the engine is almost together apart for some bits for the full flow oil filter that are needed

A bit of delicate surgery to run a cable down to the rear seat speakers was required

On to the door cards and rear seat enclosure, using 4mm ply for the door cards and probably use the same for the head lining, need to find someone to uphoslter my bed - inexpensively like! :50:

Nice work Adey. Definitely getting there. Can't beleive how quickly you've picked up all of this air cooled malarkey. Hats off to you my man. :D

Cheers George, it being the first VW it's a steeeeeep learning curve having got the engine in I now realise I have the wrong tinware over the gearbox so time to crack out the welder and fabricate a extension piece