Pain in't arse

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeeez, been crawling around underneath wax-oiling I've got more on me and the garage floor due to the guns seals letting go and I stink fortunately i'm single! If Clem lived up here I'd get him to do it. :sick0019:

subheatadey said:
Jeeez, been crawling around underneath wax-oiling I've got more on me and the garage floor due to the guns seals letting go and I stink fortunately i'm single! If Clem lived up here I'd get him to do it. :sick0019:
That's why I'm painting the underside instead :p
I will be waxolying the cavities i.e. inside the chassis.

...at some point :lol:

Yes it would be good to paint the underneath as it's totally solid underneath but it has full belly pans and to be honest i just can't be arsed even contemplating scraping off the old stonechip, I will probably cut some inspection holes in the back so I can look down the belly pans so i can spray it evenly, I just want to use the fekker. So waxoyling for now maybe next year I might contemplate it

Started pulling out the nylon plugs with a slide hammer, it's a rally solid bus and still OG paint so get it waxoyled then stonechip chip the arches - another ballache scrapimg off the loose stonechip still it's done its job after 43 years! Anyone got any good tips to cleaning the existing stonechip so i can spray?
I know how to enjoy Easter WAXOYLING it's bloody great!!!

Sills both sides

Dog-leg

Funny women don't seem to get off on this thing isn't it?

Cheers George, guess what it passed - FUCK YEAH!!!!! :party0046: :bliss: :party0003: :innocent0006: :party0002: :party0006: :party0006: :party0049: :party0009: :party0003:
Now for the V55 bollocks!

subheatadey said:
Cheers George, guess what it passed - FUCK YEAH!!!!! :party0046: :bliss: :party0003: :innocent0006: :party0002: :party0006: :party0006: :party0049: :party0009: :party0003:
Now for the V55 bollocks!

First MOT- congratulations . It's a good feeling ain't it !

Keep up the good work, it's coming on nicely.

Unbelievable how long things take and there's still masses to do it's certainly a roller coaster ride and due to there being hardly any work I put a lot of hours in, at the moment my enthusiasm as waned but I've sent of the documents to get it registered so if things work out and it gets sorted it should bring me back up again. it's pathetic why i should get pissed off particularly when you here of things like Steve Sutton passing away from cancer today.

Anyway lots of things to do but the money has run out but it's all really cosmetic really so it can wait, any money for this year i get is earmarked for petrol, admission ticket and beer! :party0046: as soon as i get rumbling George i shall call and see you or start getting to the local meetings and I want to arrange meeting up with Ozziedog, and buy Aspro a beer

Still waiting to see if i have filled out my registration form, so decided to scrape out the little black bit for the High beam light and managed to break the speedo needle - FUCK, BOLLOCKS- superglue it. Then decided to get rid of my fuel gauge has i fitted a more accurate modern type, due to it been shagged like a lot on this bus - probably shouldn't have done but it was the cheaper option - i'm skint! VW purists turning in their grave - so i thought i would try and stick a Voltmeter in its place - a right pain int arse - i call it work in progress

The bus is now in the possession of a V5 so as soon as my number plates arrive i can get out and about and see if the engine is holding up until i get building up a decent one!

I'm suffering from a saggy bottom - you can get tablets for it! So off with the spring plates, outer spine is a bit stuck - bollocks - left it have a suck on WD40 then i shall attack it later, worth doing though has the rubber bushes are looking a bit tired. I shall stick some pictures up later so you can all marvel at my engineering prowess.

You're doing it wrong Adey. If the back is lower than the front the only resolution is to lower the front ;)

gvee said:
You're doing it wrong Adey. If the back is lower than the front the only resolution is to lower the front ;)
Afraid I'm not into the slammed look, I sold my Harley Evo which i slammed but my back couldn't take it anymore (literally)that's why i gave up bikes and got a camper, besides I want to be able to crawl underneath occasionally and spray shit over the rust!
So, I had a right job getting those fekking axle nuts off, I only had 1/2" drive, wrecked my cheap arse torque drive oh well, so i welded the 1 13/16ths (46mm old money) socket onto the bar ad shoved it on a 8 foot scaffolding pole - nearly lifted the bus off the ground - clever bloke that Archimedes.

Not having a angle finder, my phones too shite to accept apps I shall just give it one outer spline and hope for the best, it looks like the torsion bar grommets are fubar so hopefully VWH caan get me some sent for tomoz also made a clamp to hold the spring plate just in case!

Well the rubber bushes arrived cheers to VWH, suspension all back and dialed in, I just need a step ladder to get into it. I ended up with 4 outer splines and 4 inner or was it it 5? Anyway it gave me about 2.5 cm which is just the dogs!

It was a slow day, so I need to get on with the headlining, first thing my tailgate hinge covers were fooked due to 40 years of living in California i guess so do i buy some repros? Most repro stuff is shite but i don't know if it is the case with these plus the other downside is there £40.00 or do i look for some OG that are in good nick? Or do I go about fekking around fibreglassing them, sanding, spraying and all that palaver over many hours yes you've guessed it it's the buggering about option for me!
On the plus side i like messing around with fibreglass for some reason, plus it gives me ideas for things to make out og this stuff!

Bus has been running great apart from the shit in the filter so another carb and the addition of a filter king to sort that minor problem, so since i have been using the bus for work due to it being the only vehicle I now own plus I can get plenty of miles on to find out any further weaknesses for when i get chance to do a long trip here she is on site making some new friends

So back to finding out weaknesses, my first breakdown whoo ooh! I thought i had replaced everything but no the only thing I never checked was clutch pivot point where the cable meets the arm, stuck on the road I pulled things apart(lots of apace to crawl about underneath) as usual somebody had 'bodged' a repair with a nut and bolt which had worn through the arm, so got my Dad out and took it back and welded the fekker back up good as new this time with a clevis pin - funnily enough i must have been crawling about under the van and stood about for 3-4 hours loads of cars went past and not one twat stopped to say if everything is alright - they just gawped out of the window - like I was a mongy or something, dicks!

You're officially part of the club now ;)

Glad it was at least an easy fix!!
Might try drag the bus out for a cruise this weekend. You about much?

Hi George, yes it would be good to meet this weekend just name a time and a place, we can have a chat as I want to go to the Aircooled14 thingymabob - haven't bought a ticket yet so must get my finger out.

Latest posts