Pain rant!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateLovesPurple

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Danbury
Long weekend off work this weekend, big plans for lots of work on the bus! :D

Well that's all gone by the board now, got up off the sofa last night, the muscles in the bottom of my back spasmed and now I am hobbling round on crutches like an old man!! :x

F*****g hate pain and not being able to do anything!

Good luck with that !!! That`s what finally got me out of the building game, way too many visits to the chiro and the intervals were getting scarily closer and closer. If you is in pain then get and see your local chiro. There`s no prizes for wasting your life away being a tough guy and manning it out :mrgreen: Get it sorted,, find out what`s causing it,, change it,, and hey presto,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Happy Days :mrgreen:

Cheers for the advice, I'm going to see the doc tomorrow morning, just check it's nothing more sinister than a pulled muscle. Don't know what did it as I was just getting up of the sofa when it spasmed. The only thing I can put it down to is a couple of days previous I helped my elderly neighbour shift his wife from the arm chair to the wheelchair, something I have done many, many times before, when I felt a slight twinge but was right as rain straight away afterwards.
Just have to be a bit more careful I think.

Dont go there ,after 8 years of major back trouble ive been left permanently numb down left leg and into foot,its not great im 41 and a joiner heavy work most of time and clambering round roofs is now fairly dangerous :( :( DO NOT IGNORE BACK PROBLEMS

:( same for me today
I was due to take the bus to my mates to install my dropped spindles but can't move today and walking like Quasimodo and as you i'm not sure how i did it maybe when i was under the van re connecting my gearshift rod but i'm not sure.So the recipe for today is
codeine and ibuprofen washed down with domino's

mark

after getting caught out when hanging upside down working on fuse box then paying for it the next day when my back would suddenly start playing up......I always try and stretch out before doing anything physical/contorting and this has helped out so far - hope it's nothing serious and you're back to full speed soon!

Saw the doc on Monday, swore at him by accident when he asked me to stand up so he could look at my posture, when my muscles spasmed. He only laughed and said not to worry, he's heard worse! :lol: Diagnosis, just a muscle strain which he said will be as right as rain in a couple of weeks! COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!! :shock: I can't wait that long, I've got to move my daughter to university on Friday, I've got work to do on and under my daily, as well as finishing off my bus interior. Apart from all that, I am fed up with guys in work laughing at me hobbling around on a crutch. I want it better right now. :x

I have suffered with back problems for years and constantly going to doctors and paying for additional treatment at £30-45 a session until I got this, Treat Your Own Back by Robin Mckensie (link below)
It is only a small book so you will not strain your back lifting it (sorry). It tells you all the obvious things about why and how back problems start and how to clear back pain with good posture.
My doctor recommended it to me and it was the best money I have ever spend on treatment.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/180949108247?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

Regards
Nik

madman said:
Saw the doc on Monday, swore at him by accident when he asked me to stand up so he could look at my posture, when my muscles spasmed. He only laughed and said not to worry, he's heard worse! :lol: Diagnosis, just a muscle strain which he said will be as right as rain in a couple of weeks! COUPLE OF WEEKS!!!! :shock: I can't wait that long, I've got to move my daughter to university on Friday, I've got work to do on and under my daily, as well as finishing off my bus interior. Apart from all that, I am fed up with guys in work laughing at me hobbling around on a crutch. I want it better right now. :x
Believe it or not avoiding caffeine will help it recover much faster. Been there done that many many times.

Latest posts