Painted steelies, stock or colour coded?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco

Reaction score
As above, painted a wheel body coloured, now not sure. Most people seem to go white or silver, I've done silver and black before which I'm undecided on now. Any pics of people with colour coded steelies please to help me make up my mind.
IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

1 of the wheels off my (cough) t4 (sorry, didn't mean to swear)
IMG_3447.jpg

Anyone running banded steels?? fancy some wider rears :msn4:

myvanway 69 said:
20120812_100031.jpg

White stock, Chrome caps for me. :D
they look smart, wide fives always seem to look that bit cooler, anyone with some 112 pcd steelies?

Not mine, but this is the direction I'm heading soon. Pre 1964 commercial vehicle. Stock white steelies with L345 hubcaps with painted logos. Sorry not 112's.

734583.jpg

white 4 - black 1 - colour - 0 (if you don't count bwuttonmoons red wheels )
so far

Like the painted vw logo on the hub caps 8)

Mine in pastel white - I've just also picked out the lettering in white on the tyres but haven't taken any piccies yet

d53efaab.jpg

5erge said:
marco said:
Anyone running banded steels?? fancy some wider rears :msn4:

Yep;

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

I really must get some updated pictures, even I'm bored of these :)

Des

Loving them 8)
some nice buses there, I might try one side body coloured(i've already painted 2) and one side white, and see which I prefer.
If I went banded think I'd go the black/silver route.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Painted 1 arizona yellow, and 1 silver, leaning towards the yellow with beauty trim.
IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

Was thinking about a set of porca alloys for my bus but these are making me think stock and painted. some really nice wheels here :)

Hobo

Latest posts