• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pair of beige air ducts/armrests for a 69 early bay deluxe.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bello35

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for a pair of cream air ducts/armrests. If you have or find them, let me know...a generous offer will be made ;) !
It's for a 68/69 Savannah beige deluxe bus with light sand/kaki Brown interior. The light grey air duct found in other 68/69 busses colors is not suitable...please look at second picture to see the color difference.
Preferably in very good condition please!
I could also propose to swap them for pair of black ones that i have plus some money eventually...

Thanks!

1459866.jpg

1455071.jpg

Why don't you just spray the ones you have ?I did mine 2 years ago and they still look good today

Bazzaworld said:
Why don't you just spray the ones you have ?I did mine 2 years ago and they still look good today

Really! I had thought about that but wasn't sure of the final result :shock: ...what paint have you used? I doesn't peel or flake?

Could you send me a picture please?
Cheers,
bello35

bello35 said:
Bazzaworld said:

Really! I had thought about that but wasn't sure of the final result :shock: ...what paint have you used? I doesn't peel or flake?

Could you send me a picture please?
Cheers,
bello35
It was a long time ago maybe 3 years, if I remember I roughed up the vents with wet and dry, I then grey primered them, then 2 or 3 coats of top coat and finally 2 coats of laquer the arm rests I used vinyl spray paint

Thanks for the tips Bazzaworld! It's a lot of work for two pieces of plastic :D...
I'll be patient for a little longer...but if i decide to paint i know how to do it now ;) .
Cheers,

bello35

Sprayed plenty of plastic on my bus
You will need to go to your local auto paint shop and tell them what you intend to do
You will need the following "Plastic Primer" (don't use normal primer)
Take the panel or a sample of the colour with you to the paint shop and they will match the paint (a paint code if you have it) you may be able to find the code from your M plate
First step: Clean the panel use a bit of washing powder in warm water (don't use washing up liquid as it leaves a film on the panel)
Second step: Dry the panel use a hair dryer on a low setting make sure it's completely dry
Third step: Mask any areas you don't want to paint
Fourth Step: Apply the plastic primer 2 coats leave 1st coat to dry before applying the 2nd
Fifth Step: Lightly flat the primer with 800 grit wet and dry, clean off the panel with panel wipe (you can get this from your paint shop)
Sixth Step: Apply the colour i usually do 3 coats allowing 5 minutes between coats
Seventh Step : Let it dry at least 24 hours
In the past i have used a clear lacquer after the paint has dried, but that's up to you
Hope this helps
Vinvan

Hi vinvan! Thanks very much for the detailed tuto ;). There's no colour code for the air ducts as such...and they're also lighter than the light sand door panel. I'll find a way...
Best regards.

Hi guys,
I found the passenger's side one :D (right hand door). It's a german LHD early bay.
I only need the driver's one now...if you know of any somewhere let me know please ;)
Thanks.

Latest posts