Parking By The Beach

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boscombe near Bournmouth

Next place along the coast from Bournmouth is a nice little place called Boscombe, small surfy kinda place, lovely sandy beach, surf and some cool surf style bars and shops. You can park right next to the beach on the no through road towards bournmouth, saw a few vans parked up here for the night, think you need a ticket though.

Only pic i could get is on google earth

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bournemouth&aq=&sll=51.140586,-1.705542&sspn=0.029726,0.090551&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Bournemouth,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.719506,-1.848418&spn=0,0.00283&z=19&layer=c&cbll=50.719491,-1.84862&panoid=5xZ3dycytQqkVw6gZAKCIg&cbp=12,287.6,,0,17.32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DSCF1760.jpg

Freshwater West in Pembrokeshire, if you've seen the new Harry Potter film this is where they filmed the shell house and buried Dobbie, shell house isn't there now though just a sign by the footpath in sayin "No Shell House" :lol:

oldschoolmitchies said:
Hi, in Cornwall there are a few worth a mention-

- praa sands (def need a ticket as keen clampers!)
- marizion (overlooking St michaels mount)
- sunset cafe (near Gwithian)
- sennen beach car park (make sure brakes good- it's steep!)
- fistral beach cp
- gyllyngvase beach Falmouth
- perranporth

I'll keep thinking!

longrock beach off the road so not so noisy, excellent if you've got a dog as dogs allowed all year round 8) . close to penzance and morrisons is a short stroll away oh and its on the cycle route, the car park is free so park your van and cycle to penzance with have to go on any roads, therefore, excellent for little uns :D

Just back from Dorset, Car Park right on beach at West Bay Nr Bridport, also
Hive Beach Nr Bridport (This is national Trust, Free aprking if you are a member) there is also a great cafe which is pretty well known and worth a visit if in the area called The Hive Cafe.

b4bc8b47.jpg

Dunster beach, near minehead.. Nice & quiet but it is pay & display at £1.00 for 2 hours.. Dogs welcome on the east side all year round too :mrgreen:

Couple of pics taken on a lovely sunny day at Boscombe about two years ago 8)

boscombe1.jpg

boscombe2.jpg

This is my first post! I haven't got a picture yet as my vw is being restored.

Angle, west Wales (not far from freshwater West)

Just found a site worth looking at, it lists all the surf locations in the world, you can zoom in and see the car parks by the sea to.........wannasurf.com, simples

We were at West Wittering this weekend. All grass parking, no part of the car park is more than 100 metres from the beach. You can't see the sea from the parking area, but it's just past the hedge...
IMG_0799.jpg

Birling Gap, near Beachy Head , East Sussex.
A few steps down to the beach, get a few surfers down there when its rough.
Cheers Paul.
August2012081.jpg

NickJ said:
DSCF1760.jpg

Freshwater West in Pembrokeshire, if you've seen the new Harry Potter film this is where they filmed the shell house and buried Dobbie, shell house isn't there now though just a sign by the footpath in sayin "No Shell House" :lol:

Freshwater West is So Beautiful (and only a few miles from my house...lucky bugger lol!).
Also not far away is Newgale and also Whitesands beaches (and Angle as has been mentioned)....all good for parking at!
(They are not as nice as Fresh West tho!)

Latest posts