Patina enhancement/preservation/protection 101?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been digging around for a few days but patina seems to be one of those 'everyone has a different opinion' subjects, so can anyone spell out the basics?

Story is I'm buying a bus that was repainted once but a long time ago, it's not acres of patina just overall well worn. Paint, white, is flat.

What I want to do is shine back up the colour and then provide localised additional protection to the worn and rusty parts. The main thing is that for the foreseeable the van will live under a cover outdoors so I'd rather overprotect than not.

Paintwise and overall waxing collinite seems to keep coming up, any views on that?

Bit confused on rust spots though, do I treat them with a rust killer first or simply sand back and protect?

I did think about using anker wax on the rust parts but the road I live on is incredibly dusty so might not be a good thing. I've seen a product called patina preserver but Anyone have any other suggestions?

Post some pics of your bus so we can get an idea of which areas you are referring to and what is the way forward
Mine has 99% OG paint and I give it a good wax a couple of times a year using FK100P - my patina hasnt degraded at all since using it

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/finishkare-1000p-hi-temp-sealant/prod_589.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts