"phill" on air

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two benders steve

Reaction score
though some of you may be interested to see this i've been using air shocks on my 69 for a year now , but i broke one of my shocks (my fault) and have got some more, i ordered two extra pair in a hope i could cover the cost a bit so they are for sale £80 a pair. They are designed for beetles and allow up to 4" of lift depending how low it is in the first place.In the pic i have raised it by 1-2" =80psi you can put upto 200psi in.
11062008230.jpg

11062008230.jpg

11062008232.jpg

look the business steve :)..... gunna see how these adj spring plates fair first, if i had any spare cash i'd have some anyway

What make are they?

and whats the max load for them?

ant

what does the air pressure do? does it stiffen your suspension ie like uprated shocks to help handling. or do they lift and lower your van in an air ride pimp your ride stylee

the air pressure raises the vehicle (theres and air bag in the shock) and the shock itself is stiffer than stock shocks so it kinda does both, they are designed to be used on vehicles that have heavy laods on so you can raise the vehicle back up when loaded and to sort the problem of sagging and uneven beetle rear suspension. I've used them because i wanted a slight nose down stance on my van and it had been lowered by two splines at the rear, and as i say i'm running them at about 80psi which has raised it by about 1-2" and is sooooooooooo smooth. p.s you would have to unbolt the bottom bolt to lower the wheel enough to remove it , hope this helps, steve

Are these the ones that need to be modified to fit the front? Or the front needs modifying?
If not i may defo be interested.

wot up dude , yes these are the very shocks but you need a bracket (that Ben makes) to fit them to a slammed front , whats the measurement of your shocks? i'll swing round later with a set

if they fit the frt i'll be interested stevo!!!....would be interesting to see if there is any clearance on a narrowed set up.

Swing by mine after leons as the frt suspension is in bits still and we can check the clearances, i will be putting it back together tomorrow night(fri)

ant

Can i get some more info on how these work from somebody please as this kind of solution would be a dream come true on the back of my bus.

Also, if someone could tell me exactly what i would need and maybe where i could get it, it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks as always! :D

Hi there,

did you ever sell these, and would you let me know where I can get the brackets from for them?

Thanks mate

Hi Make,

Thanks, can you remember the part numbers, as I can't find them on the site?

Did you fit these to the front too?

->Adam

adamski said:
Hi Make,

Thanks, can you remember the part numbers, as I can't find them on the site?

Did you fit these to the front too?

->Adam

+1, site links please TBS.

Group Buy?

Steve, did you mean you CAN use the shock extended fully to get the back wheel off on a lowered bus? :shock: 8) :mrgreen: :?:

hi i've just had a look on their site
http://www.jcwhitney.com/Classic_VW-parts-Classic_VW-accessories?ID=0;0;0;0;100006;Shop;0;0;0;N;0;0;0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and couldn't find the air shocks ? If they are used on the rear you will have to remove the bottom shock mount bolt to enable you to remove your wheel

Latest posts