piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not that good with mechanics and stuff so il have to let the pros do it.haha

i loved your old beige bus too dude
the amount of different colours you had the wheels in was great. :lol:

obviously I didn't order and part to work on the engine over the weekend :? tided up a few wiring connections up, then had a quick look at the wiring :shock: might be worth starting again. looks like i'm gonna be spending some time under the dash with a wiring diagram. The ignition barrel has been drilled out, I can't see (was only a quick look) where he's moved the wires to, there is a button cabled tied to the ignition, half the lighting wires look like have been cut back, banged a battery on and the radio lit up :D nothing else worked.

so I gave the engine bay half an hour
b682ef73.jpg

i've got loads of really important jobs to do on the bus, so i left them and polished the rear quarter :D
cf27fc03.jpg

thumbs up 8)
16a2c60a.jpg

it's best not to buy stuff off ebay on a Saturday night, especially when you forget and buy more the next day :? on the up side I used my wife's account for one of them so no harm done :p
4c6828fe.jpg

no progress

Clem said:
dubscum said:
plus am I missing something ? where the f**k is the cooker in a eb westie :msn4:

There ain't one :lol:

wow, what a shit camper :lol: so they provide you with a fridge to keep your bacon, eggs and milk fresh, a sink and tap to wash your pots and pans, but no cooker to cook your eggs and bacon and mash a brew, therefore not needing to wash your pots and pans .......... there's even storage and fold out extra work surface for not preparing food and not dishing up. Would it not been better to have had a cooker in stead of a wardrobe that can fit 4 tops in ?

just a thought :p

Think they supplied the fridge to keep your beers in ,and a sink to piss in when you wake up middle of the night hammered and cant be arsed to get out ya bus :lol: :lol:

davebug said:
Think they supplied the fridge to keep your beers in ,and a sink to piss in when you wake up middle of the night hammered and cant be arsed to get out ya bus :lol: :lol:

:lol: ah you've seen me camper before :msn4:

Slammed said:
Regarding the Scat pulley; my engine builder said that he has come across a few where the degree ring has been stuck on slightly out, so they do not always time up properly. Not saying yours is out, but just bear it in mind.

Hector said the exact same thing to me on Sunday. Think I'll go for a laser etched equaliser jobbie...

I agree with Dean, a little bit of sealant on the seals makes all the difference! I used Hylomar blue when I did my engine, on all the gaskets- oil pump, sump plate etc and the pushrod tube seals, Result........ 1 bone dry motor :-D

so ash it seems you have done NOTHING :lol:
i want to see more pics of this van even if you aren't working on it ;)
its just awesome and i fricking loves it :mrgreen: .....now crack on simnett

71dormy said:
61 stu said:
crack on son, no updates, you'll be walking to Ninove at this rate ;)

:lol:
then again...i might be too :roll:

Stu I was thinking about really copping out and selling it and buying a complete no rust, running one. Like Austin did :p

4 months to swap your head lights hey Sideshow :p

Latest posts