piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad it's running and I haven't broke the engine on the rebuild!! :lol:

Looks so cool with the spare wheel on the front accompanied by white wall tyre, looking good for ninove now dude!

I think this is correct
Bigger red is battery
Red with black strip is startermotor
Black is ignition
Brown with a blue strip is head lights
Black and yellow are dash warning light ?

So I take it the bus will run (I have had it running like this) with ignition to battery add starter, but for the warning lights and head light they would also need to be switched to the battery for them to work ?

9c85ac99.jpg

Also my ignition is on a switch (which was switched off!) and my new 70 amp battery is now flat after 4 days ?

I had many different carbs on my old but (7 I think) before I found a good one, that could be tuned properly and ran nice and smooth. I had one that ran nice but the engine died every time I dipped the clutch, I had one that was fine then. Then I stopped then wouldn't start ended up chucking petrol out the exhaust :shock:

I started my new bus and it was back firing and farting and dying etc, the choke was sticking on and it wasn't really responding to tunning so i went and got a carb rebuild kit and took the carb off to find it a shitty Bocar one :roll:

Having my bus running right is a big deal to me, I've spent to much time left foot breaking or using the hand break to slow down while tapping the throttle to save it stalling with Bocar carbs.

So i'm thinking about getting a weber single carb (the last car I had with a carb was an XR2 and the weber carb on that was boss) i'm not after performance (but would be bonus) just reliability and smooth running, what are your thought's. Is it as easy as just banging one on or are they other things on a 1600 dp I would need to change ? any advice welcome

Hi Ash I got the Empi 34pic3 from Just Kampers when I was sorting my engine before the upgrades and found it worked perfectly well for the £115 it cost me. I sold it to faux and as far as I know he didn't use it but still has it. May be worth a PM mate

Just

As for the Webber progressive carb option I wouldn't bother personally, you will have a flat spot from memory and hesitation, someone will prob now say theirs works great and prove me to be a liar :lol:

Just

does anyone have a 30/34 adaptor to fit a single port carb to a twin port manifold. Or know of anywhere in UK or Euro that sell's them ? I can't find anyone :?
one of these VVV thank's for the info Creationblue :D
carbadaptor.jpg

finished off the service with Lad'o all's new now so when i get an adaptor it should be like new
4575f1df.jpg

9541e4de.jpg

fe16c560.jpg

Your helpers been busy Ash! Hope you made him a cuppa 8)

Nearly there dude looking forward to seeing you/it this year

Just

Glad to see your teaching Archie all you know too :D .
Are you going to be ready for Ninove ?.You`ve had a shit load to do too,I guess MOT is to do too ?.

cheers sideshow 8)

Dave, I have a relative in the states, so I have bought one on line, had it shipped to her apartment and she's visiting us in 3 weeks :D

Phil, I've have a family commitment that weekend. Gutted mate :( by far the best cruise / mini adventure / piss up / show involving vw I've ever been too. To be honest money's a bit tight too. I still aim to have it on the road for April. I'm NOT double booking that weekend next year! Have fun mate it's amazing

Latest posts