piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jacks906 said:
vans coming on great dude :) not much to do really dude youll make it easy :)

Cheers Dave, I know dude, I have a mate helping me out too so a couple of good days and the odd hour here and there should nail it :)

A big big update: I've piled more shit
on it
9841cf37.jpg

good look ;)

for your cuts...its really for an eberspacher ;)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3bqR8NjGav7OTdhODJhN2UtYzQzMC00ZjNkLTg3MTUtMzFkNmJiZWUzYzNh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks dude :D

sideshow you wanted more pic's so here goes ...........
I see the light 8)
a519c699.jpg

narrow beams attract pussy, fact :D
1990bae8.jpg

rear chassis lift
d5e917fb.jpg

didn't notice how battered this until the light was on it. Ace 8)
2d0123f4.jpg

Got a new petrol tank protector panel complete without a large hole cut out,
so while listening to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXNsINpnqSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cleaned it down, prepped it for straying and layed a few coats in the spray booth :lol:

31fe163f.jpg

411de785.jpg

2f588ebc.jpg

b95bd80d.jpg

I also picked up a new engine (the one the wraps round the tin wear) seal and 70 amp battery but forgot an exhaust gasket set so another trip to GSF tomorrow, i have push rod tubes and sealant. Rich B is popping over Wednesday so were gonna get the engine back together serviced, in and running ............. fingers crossed :D

I have a hole in my battery tray but don't want to fuck up, my lovely solid corners or paint :? do I weld in patch's or leave them ?

dubscum said:
I have a hole in my battery tray but don't want to fuck up, my lovely solid corners or paint :? do I weld in patch's or leave them ?

Nice work fella, i too have a hole in my battery tray that i need to weld up, currently fixed by putting a Datsun mudflap under the battery.

Ford or Toyota mud flaps wont work, only Datsun!

:msn4:

better ash :lol:
loves it lol i would patch the tray up mate?maybe with the original american licence plate ;)

drive way engineering
aa4a8d51.jpg

horay for hoarding, this gasket had split and I manage to find another in a box in a barn. throw away nothing
66ae228d.jpg

Rich B working his magic
3dfdf01f.jpg

it's all about the detailing with me
5a4948c5.jpg

ooooo getting there
89a42dd9.jpg

petrol tank panel protecter jobby thingy in
7d7f2985.jpg

in
140f0a71.jpg

tarted up the exhaust and my hands
1be21f2d.jpg

removed the in line petrol filter and moved it out the engine, (a new one) with now fuel lines
(don't worry tho, I like narrow beams and Jeremy Clarkson, so VZI still hate me :D )
1c818f50.jpg

all in done and ready to rock
5f6491e6.jpg

just need to work out how to hot wire it now
e56b30d2.jpg

for this reason
316d9b98.jpg

8)
07ede0fa.jpg

Well the big news is it's been running today, with big help from Rich B. new push rod tubes, new points, condenser etc, new battery. A good cleaned up and put back together, fitted and fresh oil in, bypassed the broke barrel and after a few hick ups it fired up, I was please the engine had no major problems and the clutch and gearbox work. I think the choke kept sticking on and over revving, it cough and would tick over without a tickle on the throttle, so an hour or 2 of fine tuning and it's will be there :) it was good to get it off the axle stands, I forgot how low it was, even dragged it's self back into the garage ..... Back firing and spluttering

ITS ALIVE!
9239c0c1.jpg

e78d0184.jpg

Kin AWESOME Ash

Loving the "worn ring"on the front of your bus mate ! 8)

Latest posts