Porsche Rear 944 disc setup - is it possible for an earlybay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneastwood

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to fit a complete 944 Rear disc setup easily to an early bay?

all the searches I do come up with posts about front 944 which I have already sorted

but looking for an EASY way to get the rear to Porsche pattern on an early bay and at the same time trying to solve the centre cap issue that you get with the stub axles from the early bay.

wondered if fitting a complete 944 rear disc setup was possible and a possible solution for that issue?

radish said:
I think oldspeed do something or contact mycha on here he was selling his old gear as he has upgraded.

cant find mycha as a username?

did you mean mychatype3

joneastwood said:
radish said:
I think oldspeed do something or contact mycha on here he was selling his old gear as he has upgraded.

Hello,

i hear porsche brakes :lol:
To get porsche brakes on the rear of your earlybay you need the old speed adapters ( i also make them 8) ) and turn down a set off late bay rear wheel hubs to adapt the 944 disk. Convert them to 5x130 and when you want to fit the wheel centerpiece turn the axle (and hub) 15mm down……..

mychatype3 said:
joneastwood said:
radish said:

Hello,

i hear porsche brakes :lol:
To get porsche brakes on the rear of your earlybay you need the old speed adapters ( i also make them 8) ) and turn down a set off late bay rear wheel hubs to adapt the 944 disk. Convert them to 5x130 and when you want to fit the wheel centerpiece turn the axle (and hub) 15mm down……..

:mrgreen:

Just going through your thread to see if i can see yours :lol:

I have just fitted 944 to the front of mine and now wonder about the best way to get the back on porsche as having an early bay the drums and stub axles cause issues with most if not ALL porsche centre caps, so was wondering if the 944 rear disk would cost more but hopefull would solve it?

Do you have a link to the old speed adapters as i cant see to find them on the web do you know the cost or whats the cost for yours?
Would love to know if there is a kit available?

I do have access to lots of late bay rear parts :lol:

Something like this?

93bdfdca185cc2f2d729ee119f108b69.jpg

Hello,

Oldspeed is only selling complete kits so fare i know!

Here ar some photo’s of mine:

The adapter is 100euro, only lazert part you have to tap them self (4xm10x1,5 en 2xm12x1,5) plus weld on the handbrake tube. No plug and play as mentioned above.

Greetings mycha

Hi sorry to bring up an old post,
iv just been having a read through this and i would be interested in a kit , if you are still producing them

Latest posts