propex heater

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of pics installed under the rnr

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

sparkywig said:
Have a look at my gallery thread for the full install, the link's in my signature.
Here's the inlet (nearest) and exhaust flues. The front of the bus is to the left.

004-33.jpg
Cheers mate when I get the main computer I will investigate farther.

Sam

There is absolutely no problem with them being that close. The system works on a re-circ method and the inlet is only used as a vent anyway unless you connect that up to the vent which you shouldn't have to. Mine are as close as that and I've had no problems and I use mine often. I'm at chill n grill and have it on now :) Nice and warm.

The only thing I will say is make sure that the exhaust pipe is as close to the side of the body as poss. The induction pipe isn't such a problem and can go anywhere as far away from the exhaust as poss. But the exhaust in my mind must be at the edge of the body.

Sent from my iLife4 suite of applications.

lobie said:
faux said:

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

do you have any problems with the cold air vent and warm air vent being so close ?

As said, this is not a problem and I have been running this for about 5 years now. Anyone who has camped with me knows the gentle hum! :mrgreen:

faux said:

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

Great propex install :D
Doing mine this week (at last!) couple of questions............
I See most people mount them where you have (on the slope) is there a reason for doing this instead of just flat (nearer the seat front)? I just thought I may get a bit more useable storage space this way and then boxed in??
Have you get any pics of the exhaust and inlet pipes and how they are routed?
What do you seal round the pipes with, where they go through the floor?
Cheers
Rob

Rob, the main reason is that the Westy bed has a wooden floor piece that would need removing as the exhaust gets hot and you wouldn't want to chance the whole thing catching alight however unlikely that might be, whereas on the bulkhead not only is it easier it means you can take the interior out and leave the propex undisturbed.

As for the inlet/exhaust pipes its pretty self explanatory when ur underneath, just make sure the exhaust is pointing rearwards otherwise the back draught will stall it when ur on the move, oh and make sure it's on the opposite side to the slider! As for sealer get some hi temp silicon

Now get ur finger out :lol:

Is that one fitted with the electric hook up.
http://www.autohausvw.co.uk/campervan-products/motorhome-power-heating/propex-hs2000e-heater/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know their alot more money but being able to use site electric instead of gas when you can must be good.
Are they as good as the spec suggest i was looking in to it after freezing at big bang this year

Here are a few pics of mine

Picture158.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Since these pics I have fitted a Westy Berlin interior and didnt have to move the Propex 8)

creationblue said:
Here are a few pics of mine

Picture158.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture160.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Since these pics I have fitted a Westy Berlin interior and didnt have to move the Propex 8)

cheers Just = good point about the wood floor, i was wondering if id need to remove that. /guess i could still box the propex in with it mounted on the bulkhead anyway. :D

I drilled mine through the floor, stuck foil tape through the holes to stop any water ingress and then filled the remaining gap after fitting the flues with exhaust mastic.

010-5.jpg

006-20.jpg

Haven't had a problem in nearly 3 years.

sparkywig said:
I drilled mine through the floor, stuck foil tape through the holes to stop any water ingress and then filled the remaining gap after fitting the flues with exhaust mastic.

010-5.jpg

006-20.jpg

Haven't had a problem in nearly 3 years.

:? ta Wig, I would rather have it the way youve done it cos there'll be a bit more space in there for storage.
id better make my mind up before i drill any holes then :)

Hi Rob,
I'm still thinking of moving mine off the bulkhead to the floor and boxing it in, but the one thing that might stop me is what is currently stored in the underseat space....there are a couple of tall items that might not fit on top of the boxed in heater....spare gaz bottle, axle stands....might have to re-locate them elsewhere.
I'll have to sit and stare at it for a while with a cider before deciding me thinks! :msn4:
Have fun!
Cheers
Al

Bundy said:
Hi Rob,
I'm still thinking of moving mine off the bulkhead to the floor and boxing it in, but the one thing that might stop me is what is currently stored in the underseat space....there are a couple of tall items that might not fit on top of the boxed in heater....spare gaz bottle, axle stands....might have to re-locate them elsewhere.
I'll have to sit and stare at it for a while with a cider before deciding me thinks! :msn4:
Have fun!
Cheers
Al

Ill TNT you some ;)

Bundy said:
Ill TNT you some ;)

8)[/quote]

Nat got us a load if Rattler for my Birthday - done it all already! Don't want the summer to end :(

r73 said:
Bundy said:
Ill TNT you some ;)

8)

Nat got us a load if Rattler for my Birthday - done it all already! Don't want the summer to end :([/quote]

LOL...just got given a load for mine at weekend too!!
Think our other halves have us well and truely sussed!! :lol:

Latest posts