Propex HeatSource Group Buy. (JustKampers Special E/B Deal)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, as I missed the first 7 I decided to just buy one from Rainbow conversions for £429 for the kit. It's cost me a little more than if I'd waited for the group buy but I can have it fitted by next weekend so I'm warm and toasty. Thank you for letting me join your group buy but I have to say.... Because of this, I'm Out!

8. Pru
9. Jinkjude

Bloody hell sandybay. I like things to happen quickly but you make me look patient haha

Let us know how the fitting goes

Cheers

Nigel

rockandrollcamper said:
All monies are now in for the first group buy. Il let you know as soon as I've ordered them on Thursday .

Cheers everyone,

Nigel

Are we 'on' Nigel? I see JK have announced the deal today.

Kev

Sorry fellas, hectic day today and didn't realise the rebate was only on telephone orders. Half day tomo tho so all good.

Will update then

Cheers
Nigel

ORDERED!!!!! and in stock so should be with me on Monday. If theyre here early enough the il organise a courier for Tuesday/Wednesday.

Happy Days

Nigel

rockandrollcamper said:
ORDERED!!!!! and in stock so should be with me on Monday. If theyre here early enough the il organise a courier for Tuesday/Wednesday.

Happy Days

Nigel

Nice one Nige, much appreciated.

Kev

rockandrollcamper said:
Theyre here!!!!

Im just waiting on a few addresses. If I get them before 5 then they'll be couriered tomorrow!

Cheers
Nigel

Great news. I trust that the vouchers were included so that you can order yours.

Courier picking up today do shall be with you by the weekend. Expect to see pictures of you all fitting this weekend ;-)

Nigel

Hope your all happy and warm with your new propex heaters - can we see a 'fitting' thread, after deliberating for months over where to fit mine!!

68_early_bay said:
sparkywig said:
Any form of combustion produces carbon monoxide, so I wouldn't want to go to sleep with a gas heater on in the bus or awning. There's been a few cases of people being killed in tents over this summer with gas heaters (and bbq's still burning and brought inside) left on overnight.
The Propex is a room-sealed unit and all combustion gases are exhausted through the exhaust out under the van.

I couldn't agree with you more there sparky, cost shouldn't even factor into it, only a room sealed appliance should be used as a heating source in a confined space especially one that is used as sleeping accommodation, it is your life after all
I have lost count of the times I have had to ID (condemn) an appliance due to spillage fault / in correct installation / incorrect usage and then get moaned at by the customer (even though I have potentially saved their lives)

Every month my gas safe installer magazine is getting more and more cases of CO deaths in it

Propex is the only way to go in a camper ......

Ps I am a gas safe registered engineer

You guys have very valid points! Its much appreciated bringing this to the forefront.
i definitely wouldn't be leaving any heat source on overnight, even if it was a safe vented system.
My heater use is purely to take the main chill out of the van initially, so as to comfortably get into bed and snuggle under the quilt. Having the louvre windows and canopy is a big plus on helping to vent any unwanted gases meantime.
I don't particularly intend on using the bus during the winter months anyway, so couldn't justify the outlay for a full heating system, to be used only probably once or twice a year, but i agree, if it was the case of regular winter camping, then money should not be a factor!

I did try out my blackcat heater last weekend, and i have to say, for my needs it worked sufficiently well. Granted there was a slight smell of some fumes, but nothing overpowering, in fact it reminded me of the smell my dear old nans Calor gas fire used to give off when we used to stop there as kids..... never did us any harm back then either.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Foz said:
...there was a slight smell of some fumes, but nothing overpowering, in fact it reminded me of the smell my dear old nans Calor gas fire used to give off when we used to stop there as kids..... never did us any harm back then either.

I can recall that smell too. And my nan did not have a calor gas fire.

Latest posts