Pulled by the fuzz....for going to slow

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strutt

Reaction score
So there i was driving along in my daily (mk5 golf gti),
I was running a little early to pick my girlfriend up so set the cruise control to 60mph on a long section of dual carrageway

next thing i know the fuzz pull up in front of me and flag me into a layby,
He starts with, 'whats the speed limit down here', i replied with '70mph officer',
he then decided a full check was required and started quizzing me about various things and decided a lecture about tyre over-inflation was in order.

When i had calmed myself down and realised i was not in the wrong i did ask, whats the minimum limit to which he replied......there isnt one!

I wonder if he would have pulled my over if i was in my van? :lol:

I had a similar brush with the fuzz but it now seems to be on a monthly basis?
I'm a paramedic snd I work on a rapid response car on overtime and the shift end at 2am so I'm normaly bimbling home at around 2.15am at a steady 50 mph on the motorway a 5 mile journey and as I've been thrashing around got twelve hours at 70 mph+ it's great to snail it on the way home.
I normally know the bobby that pulls me and they say"well it is an old van and its early in the morning?"
Good job I wasn't stoned off my head and paraletic as they were hoping eh

Mark

Ryanmck1984 said:
Traffic police! Jobs worth c*nts!

But you have to admit they are be pretty useful in recovering a stolen buses and stopping pissed idiots killing everyone :msn4:

Ryanmck1984 said:

what a foolish comment! yes there will be a minority who are heavy handed but as a rule,they are only a nuisance to those who feel they above the law.if your motoring conduct is safe and legal....they're there to protect you from road scum.I wish there were more Traffic Police officers to deal with idiots who tailgate,cut in,speed,drive drunk,uninsured,steal cars,apply make up while driving etc etc the sort of empty head drivers you see on road wars.

Doris said:
Ryanmck1984 said:

what a foolish comment! yes there will be a minority who are heavy handed but as a rule,they are only a nuisance to those who feel they above the law.if your motoring conduct is safe and legal....they're there to protect you from road scum.I wish there were more Traffic Police officers to deal with idiots who tailgate,cut in,speed,drive drunk,uninsured,steal cars,apply make up while driving etc etc the sort of empty head drivers you see on road wars.

:)

strutt said:
So there i was driving along in my daily (mk5 golf gti),
I was running a little early to pick my girlfriend up so set the cruise control to 60mph on a long section of dual carrageway

next thing i know the fuzz pull up in front of me and flag me into a layby,
He starts with, 'whats the speed limit down here', i replied with '70mph officer',
he then decided a full check was required and started quizzing me about various things and decided a lecture about tyre over-inflation was in order.

When i had calmed myself down and realised i was not in the wrong i did ask, whats the minimum limit to which he replied......there isnt one!

I wonder if he would have pulled my over if i was in my van? :lol:

The Fuzz? Last time I used that expression it was 1978....I was in Junior school :lol:

LV

Lordain Volley said:
:
The Fuzz? Last time I used that expression it was 1978....I was in Junior school :lol:

LV

I was being born lol!!

1978....I wasn't even born, I obiously watch too many films!

The guy was obiously a bit of a plank although just doing his job and despite trying to keep catching me out seemed attentive.
Sure i do think its important that scumbags on the road are caught, but what about Mr BMW and Mr Merc speeding am i really more of hazard than them? :shock:

The annoying thing is unlike some of the clowns on the road i do know how to drive correctly and in a safe manner.

Although Im off down the same stretch of road this afternoon, I wonder if ill see my new friend again

Luke,

I got pulled while a mate was busy txting with both hands and waving a cheery hello to the "fuzz" coming the other way who'd given way for some parked cars. He thought he'd got us bang to rights driving while txting and having the cheek to wave and laugh. Ha-ha-ha - his face was a picture when he eventually twigged the steering wheel was on the other side and we were laughing at him.

ZedBed said:
I got pulled while a mate was busy txting with both hands and waving a cheery hello to the "fuzz" coming the other way who'd given way for some parked cars. He thought he'd got us bang to rights driving while txting and having the cheek to wave and laugh. Ha-ha-ha - his face was a picture when he eventually twigged the steering wheel was on the other side and we were laughing at him.

:lol:

That reminds me of the startled looks I got when i once drove a friends LHD Karman Ghia and his Alsatian dog was in the passenger seat.

iirc - there's a minimum speed of 50 mph between junctions on a motorway - which is why invalid carragies, 50cc mopeds are restricted...dual carriageways I assume not as tractors e.t.c. need to use them

Reckon it's simply a fact that they know what to look out for with impaired/drunk drivers, such as over cautious behaviour (like doing 50 in a 70) and people who take back roads when it's quicker to take the A road/Motorway

I got stopped once, in my youth, pulling out of a working man's club at 11:30 in a white transit van on a Friday night - they seemed really disappointed when I told them I'd been drinking coke all night :D

fair play though - anything they can do to catch drunk/uninsured drivers and stolen cars - imo there aren't enough traffic cops on the road, can't remember the last time I overtook one on the motorway, nowadays it's traffic control officers....

all this talk reminds me of a time when 1 of my mates had a stag night which got real messy....at the end of the evening i could`nt get a cab so got in me car pissed as fook and proceeded to go home the quieter way via the dual carraigeway sticking exactly to the speed limit which in my spaced out mind at the time was 30mph over a bridge , drove like this for about 20 mins , it was 3am and fortunately enough saw no one and no one saw me either or i`d have been banged up for good............one lucky bugger , thank fook there were no cops about......never been there or done that since , as a result i adhere to the law most of the time....i think the fuzz do a great job and if any of us are in any trouble who do you call first?

no not your mum :lol:

Just had to be you luke :lol: I bet you really upset him when you wasn`t stoned or caked or pissed or anything :lol: I bet he thought ` I got a right un here then' . But the best bit is at least he stopped you because you might have been `a right un'. Agree with most of the above comments apart from the ghost busters :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,Next time he tails you,,,,,, at least have the decency to speed up a bit :lol: ;) :lol:

Latest posts