Rant? Am I asking too much of a company

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wot he said ^^^^ it would give them an oppotunity to redeem themselves (or not) as the case maybe!

Rob b said:
Still no money

That sucks.

Had the same thing happen to me last year, with a well know company on here, transferred the cash, and waited over eight weeks for the goods, loads of excuses and no action when I called. Got the parts in the end though. Feeling your frustration mate.

mister said:
Rob b said:
Still no money

That sucks.

Had the same thing happen to me last year, with a well know company on here, transferred the cash, and waited over eight weeks for the goods, loads of excuses and no action when I called. Got the parts in the end though. Feeling your frustration mate.

You got to name and shame them Rob. It could be that everybody is talking about the same crowd here and somehow we have to know before somebody gets stung big time. As has been suggested, you could open a new thread asking for feedback.

yeah come on name and shame! Im interested in this as i to have been waiting patiently for some goods to arrive for longer than id like.

well having dug around a bit and received a phone call from said person i really think you should pm me rob.I know for a fact that on the day you got stressy his nan died.I also know the stress and multiple actions required to run a business and having taken your bank details on the day of the said death he admits he may not have been listening correctly as he did try to do a bank transfer for you but the bank said there is no person/account that matches...like i said he said he admits his brain was done in by the extreme situation and he most likely did not take the detail correctly.Also on the note of no answer fone callies...have you ever had to deal with a death to a beloved one.Business or no business
I am offering to help you here.Please mail me the correct detail and i will lodge it in his brain for you....the best i can help you with.....best thing is to mail it to [email protected] and i will sort this for you as he`s a trusted friend of mine

I received an email about half 6 tonight saying his other half had tried to transfer the money but the account details where wrong

Funny he double checked they where right when I gave him them last Thursday so the list is now
Bad health
Staff problems
machine not programming right
An the worst a family member died (I can't remember Which one he said so if this is true I'm sorry)
Then wrong card details to get my money back

What I was maybe thinking was if I emailed the company with a link to this topic lol :)
As I havnt said who it is he might be in a little more of a rush to sort it

Rob

Think Scott's sorting It for me now thanks for your time an
Comments

Rob

Its a shame that so many companies in the scene are so unprofessional in the way they do business. Ive said many a time to friends that if company A or B employed someone to do the phone & admin they would have it bang off. So many offer a great product/service but are let down by bad communication. Im not getting at anyone on here as it goes, but an example recently was I was after some doors and at least two companies I contacted either never answered/rang back or wouldnt/couldnt put them selves out to send me the item in the time frame that I needed it even when I offered to pay more for their time/efforts. I too run a business so can understand the cost implications of employing staff, but this is offset buy the repeat business generated...........Come on guys think about your customers and they will come back :D

Peace

Just

creationblue said:
Its a shame that so many companies in the scene are so unprofessional in the way they do business. Ive said many a time to friends that if company A or B employed someone to do the phone & admin they would have it bang off. So many offer a great product/service but are let down by bad communication. Im not getting at anyone on here as it goes, but an example recently was I was after some doors and at least two companies I contacted either never answered/rang back or wouldnt/couldnt put them selves out to send me the item in the time frame that I needed it even when I offered to pay more for their time/efforts. I too run a business so can understand the cost implications of employing staff, but this is offset buy the repeat business generated...........Come on guys think about your customers and they will come back :D

Peace

Just

Totally agree, so few people seem to go the extra mile when it comes to customer service - I run my own business too, it is hard and some days will be more challenging than others, but it really isnt that difficult to communicate with people these days. I mean how long does it take to send an SMS, email, or bank transfer???

r73 said:
creationblue said:

Peace

Just

Totally agree, so few people seem to go the extra mile when it comes to customer service - I run my own business too, it is hard and some days will be more challenging than others, but it really isnt that difficult to communicate with people these days. I mean how long does it take to send an SMS, email, or bank transfer???

Hats off to Scott for helping Rob out with his problem :D . What a shame that it came to this though. We all lose friends and family and it is very stressful at the best of times (been there, got the tee shirt), but Rob's problem seems to be going back a fair old time here and, as r73 and creationblue have said, it isn't difficult to communicate these days.

Not sure what the lesson is from this. Perhaps it is to just be straight in our mutual dealings and to respect each other so that, when things go wrong, we don't blame or make up excuses. Hats off to Rob too for being sensitive...I'd have named from the outset. :oops:

PS - so far I have enjoyed some excellent dealings with fellow early bayers. :D

Delilahtoo said:
PS - so far I have enjoyed some excellent dealings with fellow early bayers. :D

Private transactions aren't the problem though, it's dealing with people who provide a so-called professional service.
I've given up using a couple of companies because they're bloody useless and seem to not care less about customer service as long as they've got your money.

If I treated my customers like this I wouldn't get any repeat business and recommendations, and probably would've ceased trading many years ago.

creationblue said:

Peace

Just

When it comes to customer service I think Just Kampers are the boss! :mrgreen:

Just[/quote]

Hats off to Rob too for being sensitive...I'd have named from the outset.

Should have done mate...... could be my money in his bank account next time and me stressing and wondering if Id see the money again or the goods. In my opinion his excuses seem just that.... EXCUSES... Bad sevice (especially when its stresing me out or costing me money) really fucks me off

Sorry for the slow reply I've been done the barn working on the bus trying todo other things an source getting the parts from some where else

Cheers for the feedback guys I was starting to think
I was in the wrong but as you lot have already said its out of order of the company so anyway new update

I heard nothing all day an checked my bank at 11am an 2:30pm
An again at 6pm so dropped him a message got a reply saying he had sorted the bank transfer today for me so I Checked my bank again still no money

So rang my bank to see what they would said
an they said the money would go in instant as we're both with the same bank

So yet again no money

Rob

the guy may be going through a rough time with his loss but if he is back working thats exactly what he should be doing......why don`t you just go collect the cash in person? as he`s offered you a refund or is the journey too far? or get someone who lives nearby to collect it on your behalf..one of us lot could help out...just a thought

this just sucks and is BAD BUSINESS. as others on here, i run my own company and would never dream of treating someone like this, lets face it if it wasn't for our customers we wouldn't have a business would we. As the old saying goes "don't bite the hand that feeds"!!!!!!
also yes, i would have named and shamed as soon as they started messing me about!

Rob b said:
I heard nothing all day an checked my bank at 11am an 2:30pm
An again at 6pm so dropped him a message got a reply saying he had sorted the bank transfer today for me so I Checked my bank again still no money

So rang my bank to see what they would said an they said the money would go in instant as we're both with the same bank

So yet again no money

Rob

Who the heck is this guy? It is making me nervous about other traders on here.

Scott, where are you? I think you are needed mate.

Right i've had enough of this. Here it is from the horses mouth. I have been trying not to be on the forums as I am hyper busy with work and more importantly have other stuff to sort out in my life at the other end of the UK as you may be aware from earlier in the thread.

Rob. As I said in my email to you the transfer failed because the first 2 digits of the account number were reversed. Like I said in my email to you this was my fault putting the numbers down and this probably happened due to the state I was in last week from the sad news I had received. Despite 30 minutes in the bank they could not identify your account from those initial details.

On getting the correct details, and by the way for the readers of the thread this was done before Scott stepped in, your money was transfered yesterday as I told you by email. I offered to send you a cheque last week as this is easier for me. My shop is out in the middle of nowhere and I do not get to the bank because I am working at the shop often 7 days a week. We do things the old fashioned way banking wise.

You may or may not be aware TransporterHaus is the SOLE UK manufacturer of ball joint dropped spindles. We do the dirty work making these things supplying a lot of the trade. Orders since January are huge making ball joint spindle production constant that's why we were not at Dubfreeze. Due to a skills shortage it would seem in the job market I cannot find anyone that has the relevant engineering skills. Lots of people are wanting work but sadly they have no skills. So I am having to machine all the spindles and arms myself. I cannot keep up with the demand this year. This is majorly backing up work and stopping me, amongst other things, getting out to other firms where some parts of the spring plates are made. I can go into more details if anyone is interested.

For those on here that sit in front of a PC all day when you run your own business it's all a lot differerent. The success of some of the products I designed means often I work 18 hour days. At the moment I cannot do this. Sorry but there is some times when family comes first.

You will probably have noticed I have not been on the forum much lately. Email is best to get in touch with me, but I often do not get time to check it daily and the email load with "how do i lower this" emails is always there. It will get answered when I get through the inbox. The heavy machinery we use makes the working envoriment impossible to hear phones i'm afraid.

I will be making some changes to the way we work - we have evolved into a factory from the shop we once were and as I only have 1 pair of hands I cannot do everything - if only I was an octopus.

Once again i'm sorry but I now know how Creative Engineering feel!

Thanks Alex for stepping up and putting you side of the story out there. Both parties have had a say and the deal has been closed.
I dont think there is any benefit in further input from anyone. Onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts