Re spray a Re spray

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricksum

Reaction score
What would the cost be to re spray the exterior of a early bay that has just returned from the paint shop after having a high quality respray.There are no windows fitted so basically it would envolve prepping,masking up and re spraying.I just have to have Savannah beige.Thanks

Depends on what quality you want.

Piece of string question, where's LeeC he's a professional.

Ok Chad.Thanks for a typical pointless reply.Dont state the obvious.So to make it easier for people like Chad to give a little help instead of smart Alec reply.How much would a good quality respray cost in the situation mentioned in the original post.Thank you.

MODERATOR COMMENT - Chill out! You have asked an impossible question. I'd wager noone will give you an accurate price blind. Due to the potential angst of the thread and its ultimate pointlessness, its getting locked.

It wasn't a smart alec reply - you weren't clear as to what quality you wanted

Not trying to be a mediator here, but chads right.

Someones idea of a 'quality' respray might be poor in someone elses eyes. What type of paint was used, would it react, what barrier material (like barcoat) might be needed, whether it would need just a rub down or full strip. Does it include engine bay, wheel arches or just above? Is it two tone, type of primer to hide any previous bright colours, list goes on.

I work in IT and its the equivalent of someone ringing up and saying 'my computers broke, how much to fix', could be a million things affecting price.

Not having a go, just trying to help you see if from the Painters side.

No such thing as a standard respray price.

im in the process of getting my 71 a full respray at a quality sprayers (i know he's good as i've seen 3 buses in the flesh hes restored). i'm paying £2.5K for a light rub down (no filler needed) removal of small amount of surface rust around the sills, its a full windows out job done in 2 colours in 2pack. underneath dinytrolled and the cavities waxoyled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts