Real engine seal - pictures?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkp

Reaction score
Hi

I put a new engine in my bus a few weeks back. It since installing the engine I’ve found it seems to be running extremely hot (at least going by the newly installed temp sender - dipstick type).

One thing I’m wondering about - as part of the install I put back the real seal which was previously completely missing but i had no picture to show me which way up it should be installed. It occurs to me that perhaps I installed it the wrong way around? Does anyone have a picture of one in situ that I can compare with mine?

This is probably clutching at straws but would like to rule out everything I can.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is mine that I renewed recently. I just put it in the way the old one was.
d6c536eaf0c9dc6101a88e61dab82d8f.jpg

Ok great. That’s the way I installed it. Seemed sorta like the logical way - as I say. Clutching at straws!

I probably need to do a separate post for opinions on my heat troubles.

Yeah. Maybe but I tried two and they both did the same. I have a 123 tune distributor which has a temp sensor (surface reading) which reads a lot lower which makes me think something is off. Also my engine seems to be running nicely...it is hot over here right now (France) but I haven’t felt or smelt anything to give me cause for alarm.

I can see why these things are nicknamed worry gauges....

If it’s a new engine, then it will be running slightly hotter than a run in engine. Test your sender with boiling water and that will give you a clue as to how accurate it is. Water boiling is a constant and if you drop it in a warmed up bowl with fresh hot water from a kettle (within seconds) you’ll know within a degree as to how accurate it is.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, plus as you say, tis warm over there right now! :mrgreen:

Latest posts