• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Red 9 group buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK whos in he will do 10% of the bump stops.Need to know so he can get the kits ready for the freeze?

Daz

I'm defo in for a 2-4 kit and bump stops..

I'll go through and see him and take the money one aft next week ..

If you let him know I will email him too to arrange a time ..

...well it makes up the numbers doesn't it !

Cheers for sorting it mate ..

If anyone else needs there's picking up let me know

Hilly

Ok just add names.£345kit +£47.50 -10%=£354 will try and get him to round it up a bit tomorrow.
1 Bondo
2 Uber cool
3 Hily-70

can you pm me your full names and which kit you want?

thanks Daz

Bondo said:
Ok just add names.£345kit +£47.50 -10%=£354 will try and get him to round it up a bit tomorrow.
1 Bondo
2 Uber cool
3 Hily-70

can you pm me your full names and which kit you want?

thanks Daz
Sorry dude, not trying to confuse things but where did the £310 a kit come from? Whats the price breakdown as i cant make your figures match with the £310

Cunning

The 310 came from £345 - 10% which equals £310.50, as people are asking about bump stops as well this has now gone up to £354 if you want the bump stops as well,

I think thats right :lol:

Graham L said:
Cunning

The 310 came from £345 - 10% which equals £310.50, as people are asking about bump stops as well this has now gone up to £354 if you want the bump stops as well,

I think thats right :lol:

Arrr!! That will learn me for trying to view Earlybay on my phone (dam work restrictions) and not reading things right :lol:

Hi I'm new. I have been trying to get info on this red 9 kit...can anyone tell me if i put a set on my standard 69 bay will i be able to just drop it 4 inches or more without cutting or welding anything?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Ed :shock:

Welcome dozerfella, first thread and straight into a beam drop....

theres a couple of good threads on the subject, but basically its a case of pulling the leaves and inserting the rods, removing the dampers are fitting the coil overs dial in the drop, remove/cut the bumpstops and away you go, they do provide optional bumpstops if you require them which will require the need to cut the old bumpstop arms down...

but if you flick through the search function for red 9 theres some recent discussions and appraisals..

Cheers for the welcome fella. I think this might be the best way to go about it. Now i need to get some! I have an 1970 bay microbus tin top, so i'll snap you there.

where do you think the best place to buy them is?

yeah i am in a position to buy a set now, but im not sure im going to be at dubfreeze though. Also...what happens if some people who agree to buy drop out, will the price go up by the time dubfreeze arrives? I would be prepared to agree a deal and pay up front to guarantee the price.

I'll have to check this thread again to understand the discounted cost of 4 inch lowering set.... :?

drop Bondo a pm he should be able to provide you all the details direct as hes the fella talking the red 9, it can get complicated when flicking through threads when they start getting large....

dozerfella,

You'll need to fit this kit, then once lowered probably have the tracking (camber and caster) reset. fit lower profile tyres, drop the back end 1 or 2 splines, fit new dampers to the rear. So it's more than just this kit. If you want more info send me a pm and I'll give you my phone number so we can chat

Latest posts