Red 9

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJB77

Reaction score
HI Guys,

Had my van looked at today and not all the news was positive, mainly the front setup isn't up to scratch. It's been at the back of my mind for a while to get it sorted and this has made my mind up. Basically the front has a 4 inch narrow beam fitted by previous owner and the ride has become a bit unpredictable. Time for a change so whats your thoughts on this setup from red 9 design? http://www.red9design.com/buswishbones.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I know its a bit pricey but is it worth it? Anyone gone with it? The mechanic I was speaking to showed me it fitted on a splitty and it did look awesome. My budget could stretch to this but would leave me with little change to do any other bits. Does it make that much of a difference. Any advice is welcome

Spoke to a couple of guys at Brighton breeze with them fitted they reckon it's is such a dramai change and makes it drive like a car apparently, just a lot of money for me

Had this fitted since last January, no regrets whatsoever. The change in handling is dramatic, no need for the brown trousers anymore! Simon at Red 9 is a great guy, as straight as they come, and his customer support is second to none. Go for it!
Elliott.

Can you use the wide 5's with this front end?

IIRC the set up needs adaptors for wide 5. I had the 4 pot brakes fitted at the same time, which meant going to 15 inch wheels to accommodate the callipers, but I stuck with wide 5, and fitted slot mags.
Elliott.

I have had the wishbone beam fitted for 2 years now, it will work with 14" steels but you need to modify the calipers with an angle grinder. It's money well spent if your looking for upgraded brakes and infinite ride height. The rack & pinion steering comes as a bonus 8)

If your considering it then it's worth the outlay and you won't have spend money on your front end again, which is why I wished I did it 1st time round.

Here I am with steels and chunky white walls

014-13.jpg

Here with 15" American eagles and slam tyres

089.jpg

And now with 15" teledials and van rated contis

null_zpsdcba229a.jpg

AJB77, worth giving the chaps at 'Manflowers' in Evesham a ring as they fit Red9 things for Simon, not a lot they can't tell you about them.....Ask for Lee or call in for coffee and lots of VW talk.

Elliott99 said:
Had this fitted since last January, no regrets whatsoever. The change in handling is dramatic, no need for the brown trousers anymore! Simon at Red 9 is a great guy, as straight as they come, and his customer support is second to none. Go for it!
Elliott.

Totally agree with Elliott, had mine fitted since fen, the handling is far superior to before! The braking was also greatly improved after being used to drum brakes.

Simon is a great guy and answered all my questions truthfully.

Not regretted spending out on this setup at all.

Love mine too...very glad I bit the bullet and bought the kit.
Pretty straight forward to fit too :D
And again...Simon is mega helpful and aftercare is second to none.

Latest posts