Renewed cab door seals.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quincey

Reaction score
Howdy all.
I have recently replaced the window seals (VWH) on the cab doors and they took some doing as i'm sure anyone who has completed this task will attest. They appear to be inserted correctly and look watertight. After a massive downpour today, water was seeping into the door cavity (door cards are removed at the moment).
My question is, will there always be a certain amount of water that will penetrate even with new seals installed?
Is this the reason for the drain holes in the bottom of the door and the plastic sheet between the door and the door card?
Any hints will be welcomed.

the plastic sheet is there to seal the door to the actual card so water doesn't actually wreck the cards - you'll find warped and rotten cards in a van with speakers in the door if "flaps" haven't been put over the speakers to stop water running past the card, water will always run into a door via the window, if it was tight enough to stop water you'd never wind it down..... there are holes in the door bottoms to let it drain out.

Latest posts