Replacement Front Seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote for Newton and Commercial Suffolk seats, if you can afford them. fitted mine earlier this year, just back from a 2 week trip St Malo to Bilbao, ferry either end, seats were a dream

View attachment 2980

These look great!

Do they fold forward at all?
I still use the cab hammock and looks like these would foul the poles.

Thanks

Hello :)

I currently have a spring in my arse. Any suggestions where I can get the original seat metal looked at? I’m based in Brighton. I’d prefer to keep the original seats and get them redone, if it’s possible.

Don’t think anyone will shoot you down for it. It seems to be a popular thing to do but not heard of anyone using that particular style of seat. The most popular would have been Porsche seats but Mazda seats seem to be the go to currently , closely followed by MG seats. It would be interesting to have just one or two people test all of the different ones available to get a realistic ish appraisal. Somebody here recently had their seats completely replaced by a very popular VW motor trimmer and they looked almost identical to the original but modern at the same time but can’t for the life of me remember who it was. If I ever change mine, I’m thinking that’s where I’d get a pair for mine. Expensive but then comfort always is, reckon you’d get a good percentage of your money back if you sold them on after a couple of years so maybe not so expensive. I’ll try and track them down for you. As for those seats that you’ve pictured, very similar In looks to the Porsche ones so try them if you have them. My issue would be wearing out the side bolsters by dragging my large arse in and out as seems to be happening to most sports car seats in vans. It dont look like a lot of arse wriggle room In the buckets.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,might investigate them other seats myself :)
Are the seats you guys are talking about require major surgery on the seat pedestals?
I have a rather nice pair of BMW E90 seats that even have heat!! The problem is is that I have to cut the pedestals down 2.5 inches so I can see out of the side windows. I’m rather scared about doing that much surgery on my baby!

Are the seats you guys are talking about require major surgery on the seat pedestals?
I have a rather nice pair of BMW E90 seats that even have heat!! The problem is is that I have to cut the pedestals down 2.5 inches so I can see out of the side windows. I’m rather scared about doing that much surgery on my baby!
Ooooh, I think I’d give them a miss.but they sound like they’d be comfy. Most of the seats on this thread are a straightish swap possibly with aftermarket runners but not chopping out your wheel tubs.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,must be thick (seats) :)

Rebuilt stock with fresh horsehair pads and you will have really comfy seats. VW made them for long-distance use. I get a sore bum in modern cars on 8hr+ drives - the seats are too firm. I drove overnight from London to Stuttgart in my '74 cabrio, with stock seats, and could have turned around and driven home again they were that nice.

You need to find something else with a low seat height. Mine are Chrysler middle row stow and go seats , they are quite nice, just did a couple 3 hour drives and they were great , it’s a pretty popular seat swap around here IMG_5717.jpeg

You need to find something else with a low seat height. Mine are Chrysler middle row stow and go seats , they are quite nice, just did a couple 3 hour drives and they were great , it’s a pretty popular seat swap around here View attachment 9430
Ozziedog,,,,,don’t think we got many of them over here, looks great

Latest posts