Replacement Locking petrol cap

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad

Reaction score
I don't know if this is of interest but I got fed up of the hassle in trying to unlock my aftermarket locking petrol cap.

I looked on the web for a replacement and could only find NOS ones at 190 Euros or 2nd hand ones at $100 which are prices I'm not willing to pay.

However, a bit of investigation found that VWH have ones, which come in VW Classic Parts packaging for £43.57, after Earlybay discount.

The part number is C 211 201 551/C and it's described as a "Clutch Plate"!

I've only had mine a short while but it feels to have far better build quality than the one it replaced.

Hope this is useful

I replaced my fuel cap about two years ago with a locking one, fuel kept leaking out of it and could never get it to shut properly, chucked it away and went back to my original one. Might be worth looking at this again.

I sourced a NOS one from Kieft&Klok only last week.

€135 inc delivey, I didn't think this was too bad after the exchange rate.

I paid £80 for the same one 6 years ago at Dubfreeze. They have a few more left on their website, it doesn't leak and the lock works like a dream.

I bought this one recently, seems ok nice quality. I preferred this rather than adding a lock to the fuel flap.

Not sure if there is any difference to the OP cap?

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/343201551C/fuel-cap-locking-s-steel-t1-61-67-t2-68-71-70mm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts