Reproduction original style steering wheel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitley bay

Reaction score
I was thinking about replacing my cracked steering wheel, so ordered one from one company, only to be told they were now out of stock and didn't have a date from the supplier as to when they would be available.
No probs I thought, order one from somewhere else, only to find out that none of the usual companies you would contact for this sort of kit had any in stock!
I would imagine that most of the companies buy from the same supplier, so when I dug a bit deeper I was told the supplier had a problem with the tooling from some companies, but one actually said they had returned their stock due to the poor quality.
Can anyone who has fitted one of these, let me know what sort of quality they are, just in case they become available again.
Cheers

Hi
Don't even go there ! I made the mistake of buying one at a good price at Brighton Breeze, Quite simply would not sit on the spline properly. Add to that in comparison to the original it was of lighter weight with a different profile to the underside of the two spokes.........not such a nice feel,if you know what I mean !
Hence to say I returned it and received a full refund,hope this helps.
:roll:

Speaking of the feel of the steering wheel, mine is a bit ratty, but I just the thought that over the last 40 plus years, everybody who has ever driven my bus has handled that wheel. What a feeling... :D

Topmonty
Cheers for the advice fella

Delilahtoo
I understand what you mean, but someone's had it off with my steering wheel, then cracked it putting it back on :mrgreen:

So, if it's not reproduction original any recommendations for a new steering wheel :D

interested in this too as mine is that battered the horn cap doesn't sit on it. wonder whether to buy new or a good old one. fancy a wooden one but with the boss its around £200 plus

Latest posts