Restoring Mollie (69 Bay) 500+ Photos

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick-Rackham said:
Cheers Paul :)

Yep, checked out and commented on Marks thread. Got a bit nervous when I saw large amounts of metal getting removed and surprised they're strong enough to stay straight!

Nick

:lol:
I know, when we went over to have a look, it was rollers with like a massive rollcage welded inside it to keep all the main structure in place and stop it from distorting!!!
Crazy...but super cool!!! 8)

Update for this week, not much done, bits and pieces, mainly working evenings so cleaning bits and stuff! But managed a little progress on the OS arch area

Bottom of C Post started
aYIrh.jpg

Arch panel clamped up to check fit. Forgot to take more photo's will rectify that another day
tzwBR.jpg

Started to remove tub
vrajO.jpg

Cleaned up corner panel ready for spotwelding
yo0s9.jpg

Started cleaning up tub inner panel
4Hloi.jpg

and found some rot behind this so that's coming out too :)
EJtuW.jpg

Just got out into the garage last night and managed to start getting the OS rear tub lined up

As the Split Screen Tubs are not exactly the same as the Early Bay ones I've had to move the fuel overflow pipe
0408.jpg

And clamped the battery tray in to give me a reference point to work to
0409.jpg

Lined up the rear edge with the battery tray and cleco clamped
0410.jpg

and the front
0411.jpg

Grazy need some help getting his rear electric sorted so while K@rlos was sorting out the electric washer pump conversion I rewired the back of the Slammed Panel! Grazy made tea and looked busy :)

Hopefully more at the weekend! Planning to get the complete back end done up to and including the B Posts by end of the weekend after next!

Still waiting on getting all my parts back from Transporterhaus!

Little Update!

K@rlos came round and got stuck in today stripping the inside
0412.jpg

0413.jpg

0414.jpg

0415.jpg

Nice work son :) Many thanks :) but then he had to disappear for a while!

So Grazy popped by to carry on where Krlos had left off!
0416.jpg

0417.jpg

Meanwhile I've been faffing about trying to get the tub squared up and flush with the side panel! Now partially welded and ground back
0418.jpg

0419.jpg

While I was there, chopped the bump stop off to find this! so that'll be another repair!
0420.jpg

Grazy had to go home for his tea :) so K@rlos popped back to finish off!
0421.jpg

0422.jpg

0423.jpg

Nice work :) Many thanks to K@rlos and Grazy :)

More tomorrow hopefully!

OS Arch clamped up and test fitting
0424.jpg

And tacked in
0425.jpg

Grazy popped by for a coffee and to play with some air tools!! :)
0426.jpg

0427.jpg

0428.jpg

Cheers Bud :)

Wasn't happy with the NS arch so while Grazy was working on the offside I had a go at straightening the nearside arch
0429.jpg

Getting there slowly :)

And as Grazy was hungry Meg made him some choccy minstrel cookies :)
0430.jpg

Cheers Megster

That is some resto you have undertaken there :shock: ,I have just read this thread (well parts of it) from the start.

Keep up the good work, it took me and the co-owner two years to complete ours and it was in a better state (so not as many repair panels needed) I know how demorialising it can be when there never seems to be any progress, just shit in the eyes and black snot. Paint and re-fit was the best part for me.

Good Luck.

Cheers AndyO :) Getting there slowly! Was due to be finished to take my Daughter to her prom, but as that's tonight...... Just as well che can't be arsed to go :)

Hopefully get some time on her over the weekend and see some progress :)

Been a while!

Back on it and hopefully be posting updates soon!

Anyone want to pop round and get busy with stripping panels, cleaning bits, more the merrier! Bacon butties, tea and coffee supplied!

Nick-Rackham said:
Been a while!

Back on it and hopefully be posting updates soon!

Anyone want to pop round and get busy with stripping panels, cleaning bits, more the merrier! Bacon butties, tea and coffee supplied!

I really am gonna have to come see you soon man!

Nick-Rackham said:
Home full time at the moment! Pop round anytime :) gotta work for your mug of tea though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Tomorrow about 8 ok?

Latest posts