Restoring my '71 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed no more bl@@dy rust pops up :evil:

Looking good though ;)

Cor! Just read the whole thread. Great work, keep it up. Should be crackin when she's finished.
I got a very similar amount of work still to do, only with no welder geeza to do it, just lil ol sausage fingers me and a Cebora pocket turbo mig!

Cheers gninnam, getting there :D

Barkafer good luck mate I'm sure yours won't take as long as mine, its been over a year but sooo glad to be getting closer

Very messy, tiring work, did 11 hours yesterday but I am enjoying it :)

April10424.jpg

April10405.jpg

April10400.jpg

April10413.jpg

April10429.jpg

We have put a thin coat of Hydrate 80 all over the bits that are back to bare metal as Its going to be a week before I can get back to it :(

Its really going to start coming together now :D

Unfortunately CyByL has to go on the back burner for now, my eldest son Lloyd was diagnosed with a brain tumour last week :( its not the worst type and seems to be in a place they can operate to remove most of it, then he will have to have radio therapy and possibly chemo but we will have to see after further tests.

Its a real shame but she is no longer my priority obviously, hope to get back to it when we have climbed this mountain ahead :(

So sorry to hear the this news :( Keep your pecker up and all the best to your son :D

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts :) it certainly turns your world on its head when you get news like this but it also has a very positive side, infact I read everyone would want cancer for its gifts if it wasn't for the downside. We are staying positive and laughing about it and we think laughing is better than any medicine..... well at least herbal tea lol Lloyd has an appointment with the neurologist tomorrow so please send him your good thoughts and prayers if you do them, that he can be cured :hug:

CyByL was at a stage (bare metal) where I couldn't leave her so with the help of some really good friends she is being painted :) top half is done and looks great and the bottom half is protected for now, I will put some pics up when I get time :)

Thanks again Love Lynds x x x

type2tattoo said:
Unfortunately CyByL has to go on the back burner for now, my eldest son Lloyd was diagnosed with a brain tumour last week :( its not the worst type and seems to be in a place they can operate to remove most of it, then he will have to have radio therapy and possibly chemo but we will have to see after further tests.

Its a real shame but she is no longer my priority obviously, hope to get back to it when we have climbed this mountain ahead :(

just read this, and hope he gets well soon, hes young hell bounce back so keep yer chin up.

Just to update you all on our situation, we have had a very difficult month :( My son Lloyd has been in hospital quite a bit, they discovered the tumour is inoperable and did a biopsy to discover what sort of tumour it is. We got the results last week and he has an astrocytoma but the good news is it is slow growing and all they are going to do for the time being is watch and wait and control his seizures. They have told us it has been there for ten years and the only trouble it is causing is the seizures, they seem to be controlled now so we are gradually getting back to a normal life :)

Sooo back to work on the bus tomorrow :D

Thanks again all for your kinds words x x x

Lyndsey <3

kids first, busses second, really hope all is well, my heart goes out to you. if 5 or 10 mins here and there can take your mind off it very short term then thats not a bad thing. don't really know what to say other then, i'm looking forward to seeing your camping photos in your bus with lloyd looking after the bbq. in the future.

Feel for you during this trying time in your life ;)

Hope you and the family can past this crisis and keep your son as happy as you can and that they do manage to sort it out :mrgreen:

just read you post from the start, inspiring stuff on all counts. Good work with the bus, its always handy seeing how different people do it, ive done both sides; outriggers, jackers, top hats, inner/middle/outer sills, b-posts, inner outer arches and floor. Front end is cut off ready to go, but not looking forward to the back end (no pun intended).

As for you son, kids will always come ahead of anything. Bus bits can get replaced, not so easy with kids bits. Take all the time you need to get him back on track. Good luck to you all in trying times

I have just read your thread from the beginning for the first time. Great thread :D

Sorry to hear of your troubles though its good to hear things have settled enough for you to be able to continue now. Its always nice (and rare) to see a girls getting into hands on restoration like this and I hope it will inspire others.

The worst part of any restoration is cleaning off the rust on the underside, cutting and welding IMO. From here on its a lot more satisfying as you start to see more rapid progress toward the final result. Well done. :)

Looking forward to seeing it all coming together for you.

Thanks everyone for your kindness :) We are getting used to living with the diagnosis and although not easy it has brought us all closer together, Lloyds seizures are few and far between and nothing like as severe as they were. They have said statistically he has between 4 and 10 years but as they say most statistics are 90% made up... or something lol

I considered selling my bus to give Lloyd a few holidays and a bit of fun while he can but he won't have it so we are going to have fun in her instead :D

The bottom half of the paint job was finished yesterday :D and now I can start the refit woohoo!!

I have a few pics but want t put her back together first before the big 'reveal' so watch this space, new loom and windows going in next week :D

Getting back to it :) .......

June10108.jpg

June10112.jpg

May10021.jpg

May10041.jpg

May10053.jpg

May10057.jpg

May10004.jpg

May10007.jpg

May10015.jpg

May10013.jpg

May10133.jpg

June10070.jpg

She is looking a lot nicer, obviously she was never going to be perfect given what we started with and financial constraints but I am pretty pleased with her new look :)

Latest posts