Restoring my '71 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gninnam said:
type2tattoo said:
Cheers everyone :)
I would like to point out that brain tumours are on the increase, 40 people are diagnosed a day in the UK, so if anyone is given the really scary news please feel free to contact me if you need any advice <3 x x x

I wish I had met you as that last sentence is very generous so I wish you and your family all the luck in the world and hope you don't stop visiting the site after the bay has gone :D

Thankyou :hug:

I can't give up on her now can I, my eldest, Lloyd said its like selling their sister and Gemski from vzi told me I have to stop thinking of her as money which is a really good point , it had clouded my judgement

Well done with your decision (bloody women ;) ).

Might get to meet up after all :mrgreen:

Thought I would add some posh pics of her just to finish the thread off :)

285807_233645140012909_100001022754624_714442_2229753_o.jpg

288231_233644963346260_100001022754624_714438_7027370_o.jpg

289805_233645056679584_100001022754624_714440_4151135_o.jpg

Thankyou Kev mc my son is doing well :) I don't like it when threads like this come to an abrupt end so I hope its ok if I update it <3 After 6 weeks of radiotherapy he is ok, its not been easy but I won't go into it here. If anyone needs to know please feel free to pm me, I am happy to talk to anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation, there are a few of us in the vw 'scene'

anyhoooo if you have any spare change please throw it at my middle son, Dale, he's doing his first 10k plus assault course for Macmillan, they have been so good to us we just wanted to give a bit back :)

http://www.justgiving.com/Dale-Swannell/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=newsfeed&utm_content=Dale-Swannell&utm_campaign=post-sponsor-facebook&fb_ref=fundraising-page-top&fb_source=profile_oneline" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought I would update this again as she has just passed her 3rd MOT since the resto with no probs (well silly electrical issues) hope to get to a few shows this year :)

Also my son is still doing well 18 moths after radiotherapy his tumour is stable (fingers crossed for his 6 month scan in the next few weeks)

Happ days :) x x x

Hi,

Great news all round then, nice to see your posts again. 8) Fingers crossed for a few weeks. Hope you have been able to get out and about in the bus, roll on summer eh?!

Cheers!

Alistair

ive read your whole thread now, what an inspiring lady you are.
sweet looking bus ! youve done really well . 8)
i wish you and your family all the best ;)
Dave

Hi just read your whole thread and all i can say is epic! The journey you have taken with the bus alone is such an inspiration, and your son he sounds a true fighter and i wish you all the best, well done to all involved,
Has raised my spirits on my bus as its taken so long to get here, hope to see you guys in the future when mines done
Take care aaron

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :) x x x If I can do it with the challenges we face anyone can so keep up the good work lil azza :)

It would be great if you could sign Bill Tarmeys (Jack Duckworth from Corrie) petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/35167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nugsy said:
Cant believe after everything you have done and been through it has come to this, but also totally appreciate your reasons for coming to that decision.

truly inspiring;

"One should make his decisions within the space of seven breaths...With an intense, fresh and undelaying spirit, one will make his judgments within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side." Hagakure

Nugsy I missed this quote everytime I looked through this thread over the last few years, until today 8) :) I am out the other side :) Thanks

I would also like to invite everyone to 'the field' the weekend before beach buggin, details later if anyones up for it x x x

I wanted to update this in case anyone wondered how we got on, sadly my wonderful son, Lloyd, died 10 weeks ago. It has been very difficult over the past year but he was brave and so we will be too. We have set up a charity to help others with brain tumours, which is helping us with our grief too.

Please share the link below if you feel inclined and we would be really chuffed if anyone felt like donating <3

Love to all x x x

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.

Reading this thread has been amazing and you are obviously a great person, supported by a great family.

Take care and I hope this thread will continue to provide you with positive memories.

Thanks guys <3 We are, as a family, pretty good at finding the positives in life. We are all here to turn shit into flowers after all :) Lloyd inspired us to do good things with our lives and not waste a second cos you never know what is going to happen next.
My middle son has left his 'safe' job with the NHS and retrained to do what he always wanted and is launching his new business today as a personal trainer. His fiance also left her shitty but 'safe' job after 10 years and is doing a degree in micro biology.
Youngest passed his test and will be buying CyByL from me this year (probably over the next ten lol) We all have to keep going so best to keep smiling and do good things with our lives :)

type2tattoo said:
Thanks guys <3 We are, as a family, pretty good at finding the positives in life. We are all here to turn shit into flowers after all :) Lloyd inspired us to do good things with our lives and not waste a second cos you never know what is going to happen next.
My middle son has left his 'safe' job with the NHS and retrained to do what he always wanted and is launching his new business today as a personal trainer. His fiance also left her shitty but 'safe' job after 10 years and is doing a degree in micro biology.
Youngest passed his test and will be buying CyByL from me this year (probably over the next ten lol) We all have to keep going so best to keep smiling and do good things with our lives :)
Brings a smile to my face :D

Latest posts