Restoring my '71 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked everywhere for that nut and was told there is no way you will find one. Out of desperation I went to a bikers shop 'Attitude Customs' and the fella there said no way.... then he got some drill bits and went to his lathe and made me one :D What a star!

Nobby at Motorgraphix has been working on her every day for 10 days, he has come across some shocking work, the lowering was a complete bodge, shame as I never really wanted it lowered anyway <_< the steering geometry was all out and the bumpers were not wanting to fit but he has sorted it all out :D

Fingers crossed for the MOT next week :D

Don't get to down about the "bodge jobs" caused by so called mates the bottom line is that its better you find them now rather than when your travelling at speed on the motor way.

After reading this whole post i'm sure that if anyone has got the determination and grit to finish the job right you seem to have it. I for one could not cope with this on top of the other problems you've had.

I salute you in respect for what you have achieved and i am %100 certain that all the people on here will see the bus for what it stands for and reresents. WELL DONE :D

Thanks guys :hug:

She passed her MOT today :D :D

Big thanks to Nobby at Motorgraphix!!!! absolute star of a man and a perfectionist :)

I am shocked in the nicest way possible for a change and crying like a big girly with tears of happiness :) Big day for me <3

THE LAST PANZER said:
Don't get to down about the "bodge jobs" caused by so called mates the bottom line is that its better you find them now rather than when your travelling at speed on the motor way.

After reading this whole post i'm sure that if anyone has got the determination and grit to finish the job right you seem to have it. I for one could not cope with this on top of the other problems you've had.

I salute you in respect for what you have achieved and i am %100 certain that all the people on here will see the bus for what it stands for and reresents. WELL DONE :D

Thanks for that James I keep reading it cos it makes me feel better :)

Just to update incase people were wondering, my sons cancer is stable at the moment 'touch wood' but he has really been suffering with epilepsy caused by it, he has not been back to work since October and has just been signed off for another 3 months, he is bordering on agrophobic now as he has had a few seizures outside and is so embarrassed by them. We live in hope that they will find the right medication to control them and are staying positive and still managing to have some fun :)

People have said they couldn't of finished this job with all that going on but to be honest its kept me sane and given me something to strive for and now something to be really happy about :D

I am really looking forward to getting out in her with my boys this summer :) Still after the middle seat if anyone has one :)

I'm glad everything seems to be on the up for you and the family - great to have the van MOT'd but even better to have your sons' illness (hopefully) under control. :D :D

;)

type2tattoo said:
Just to update incase people were wondering, my sons cancer is stable at the moment 'touch wood' but he has really been suffering with epilepsy caused by it, he has not been back to work since October and has just been signed off for another 3 months, he is bordering on agrophobic now as he has had a few seizures outside and is so embarrassed by them. We live in hope that they will find the right medication to control them and are staying positive and still managing to have some fun :)

People have said they couldn't of finished this job with all that going on but to be honest its kept me sane and given me something to strive for and now something to be really happy about :D

I am really looking forward to getting out in her with my boys this summer :) Still after the middle seat if anyone has one :)

Your an inspiration to us Lynds :anim_19:

type2tattoo said:
Justin & Muttley said:
type2tattoo said:
...Still after the middle seat if anyone has one :)

Spotted this on eBay - not a million miles away from you too! (no connection to sale BTW)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Type-2-Sea...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f07b13803

;)

Brilliant! thanks for that :) Hope it doesn't get too much interest I'm skint now lol

No prob - also noted that Mattp is selling some rear bump stops if you're still looking...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28222&p=253317#p253317

;)

Well after all that work I have decided to sell her :shock: :( Its not an easy decision but I have to be practical, I can't afford to keep her and my passat on the road and she has not been used anything like as much as I would like :( The original plan was to busk round UK and Europe this summer in her with my husband, a treat now the boys are finally self sufficient but sadly that wasn't to be as my eldests brain tumour has grown and he is now having radio therapy.

I have decided to sell both vehicles and get a multivan that will do everything and fit us all in and with any spare cash we are having a big family holiday somewhere nice :)

Any advice on selling her would be helpful :)

:shock: :(

Sounds like the right decision for you and your family and all the best in whatever you do and get.

Best places to sell - here, VZI, Pistonheads, PracticalClassics, Camper & Bus - last but not least, evilbay.

Good luck :D

Cant believe after everything you have done and been through it has come to this, but also totally appreciate your reasons for coming to that decision.

truly inspiring;

"One should make his decisions within the space of seven breaths...With an intense, fresh and undelaying spirit, one will make his judgments within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side." Hagakure

Just read this from start to end. That's some journey you've been on...

My selling advice would be to remove all references to "lash-up" "bodge" etc up there^.

ZedBed said:
Just read this from start to end. That's some journey you've been on...

My selling advice would be to remove all references to "lash-up" "bodge" etc up there^.

I agree with Zed If anyone wants to view it let THEM find the issues. Don't drive the price down yourself.

Just read all the way through and my thoughts are with you and your family. Here's hoping your son comes through this ok.

Cheers everyone :)

I don't want to be 'economic' with the truth to her new owner but I should point out that Nobby fixed all the little problems and they were pretty small in the scheme of things. I think this thread shows well enough what has been done :)

I just need to get some good pics at our little get together at the weekend then work out a price for her and she will go up on all the sites mentioned.

My son is doing OK at the moment having finished his first week of RT and we remain positive and have a laugh at it all :)

I would like to point out that brain tumours are on the increase, 40 people are diagnosed a day in the UK, so if anyone is given the really scary news please feel free to contact me if you need any advice <3 x x x

type2tattoo said:
Cheers everyone :)
I would like to point out that brain tumours are on the increase, 40 people are diagnosed a day in the UK, so if anyone is given the really scary news please feel free to contact me if you need any advice <3 x x x

I wish I had met you as that last sentence is very generous so I wish you and your family all the luck in the world and hope you don't stop visiting the site after the bay has gone :D

Well like a typical woman I have changed my mind again :roll: :lol:

We had a fantastic little get together with our VW friends over a long weekend :) How could I even think about leaving the scene :roll: or remain in a watercooled :roll: :roll: I am sure something will happen to get us round our little obstacles :)

NoFussinaBuss023.jpg

Latest posts